Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have just purchased a 1994 CBR900RRR UK model. The fuel tank has 3 holes at the front by the steering yoke but the frame only has one hole. Is there a bracket that converts from 3 to one and would you know the part number.

Cheers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But it shows the same tank on a dealer site for a 94? It shows both tanks as tank (1) and tank (2)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Picture of the bike. It is more of a mess than the picture shows.

There is a lot of bad stuff that is hiding.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That’s a 1996 tank bodged to fit an earlier bike......

Hope mine will be better......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It had supposedly passed an mot in January (i have the certificate), but the seat is falling off etc.

I have always wanted one, so if i can find the parts, then i will restore to as close to original as i can i get .

Depending on how much of course!!!

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
I did a scruffy 1996 RR R a couple of years ago, however although the bodywork was pretty bad, underneath the bike was pretty good.

This was how i bought it, it hadn’t run for years. Paid a grand for it with a ton of spares so after selling all the bits it cost me about £700

With some hard work, and about £1300 later it became this.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hello Gunk. That is an outstanding (£1300 later) transformation! Good Job!

Have you told the story before (if so, please guide me to the thread)?

Or, would you be able to tell us the story for: 1/ Motivation and 2/ your Chef's Tips?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hello Gunk. That is an outstanding (£1300 later) transformation! Good Job!

Have you told the story before (if so please guide me to the thread)?

If not, would you please share the story for: 1/ Our motivation and 2/ Your Chef's Tips on such a project?

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,336 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thank you most kindly, IanDoohan. I've just read the thread (it's a shame that Thanos disintegrated the early pictures).

It's a great multi-phase restoration story: what with the original hound-like appearance, then the paddock stand hiccough and then the low speed off. Every time Gunk got Tony back to good as new! Makes me want to go to the garage and tinker with something.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,336 Posts
Thank you most kindly, IanDoohan. I've just read the thread (it's a shame that Thanos disintegrated the early pictures).

It's a great multi-phase restoration story: what with the original hound-like appearance, then the paddock stand hiccough and then the low speed off. Every time Gunk got Tony back to good as new! Makes me want to go to the garage and tinker with something.
Yes exactly, I lost all my picture links on my build threads when Photobucket made hosting a crime, but they have since been renewed, albeit with a watermark. But at least they are there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts