Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know the full will yeild more hp. but for a bike that is not tracked is the extra $$, 2 hp, and loss of around town driving worth it? i have heard that the valve (not sure what it is called) in the exhaust makes a big differance in around town drivability. so that would mean that a bolt on would be better.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I'm not sure what you are looking for but here's my :twocents: .

Slip-on will give you around 2 or 3 hp, and depending on the brand, a lot more sound. It's an easy mod, 4 bolts and voila!

Full system, you'll need a PC3 and quite more work than 3 bolts. You'll maybe have 10 to 15 HP more, but do you need it :idunno: As far as town drivability, if you have a good map for your PC3 that goes well with your system I don't see any problem.

Hope it helps

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Full Hindle system with no flapper/HTEV yielded an increase in power everywhere in the rev range, no lost power anywhere. I guess it depends on which system you buy.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Full Hindle system with no flapper/HTEV yielded an increase in power everywhere in the rev range, no lost power anywhere. I guess it depends on which system you buy.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
right now i have a yosh round race bolt on and a regular pc3. i am thinking of getting the M4 high mount full system. i know it will yeild more power but i am concerned with drivability without the exhaust valve thingie.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
I lost no power at any rev range with my full hindle high mount and a PC3

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I have a graph with a muffler comparo with Yosh, Arrow, stock and Micron if you wanna see it.I might get smashed for the results though. hahaha

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Sook said:
I have a graph with a muffler comparo with Yosh, Arrow, stock and Micron if you wanna see it.I might get smashed for the results though. hahaha
Hey Sook --- go on and post the results :eyebrows:

·
Registered
10 Posts
its all a matter of what you want. If your happy with the power that you have, save the money and go with a bolt on. If you want more power, and want to spend the money, go with the full system. Horsepower=$$$$ I just baught a jardine bolt on, but i think my bike is fast enough for me.

·
Registered
522 Posts
jerseydrew said:
here is the yosh round race bolt on exhaust i have on my bike. and the dyno is with a stock bike with just the bolt on only!!!

The image is not very clear. Cann't really see any curves :idunno:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
maybe it's a 4th gear only graph that's why you dont see the whole thing :idunno:

you have something to hide down low :p

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have nothing to hide. that is the way the dyno guy did it. i didn't know there was anything wrong with it...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Here's a graph of a 954 stock, vs the same bike with a Yoshi pipe, an Arrow pipe and a Micron. Hey , don't shoot the messenger. Haha
The Yoshi lost power, as did the Arrow (only 1 or 2 though, but shocked the hell out of me. Micron gave nearly 5.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts