Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I have a CBR929RR and I wanted to hear some feed back from anyone who removed the factory exhaust for a full set up. Is it worth the money? Any power gains? Does the bike run better/worse? Please let me know your thoughts!

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hello everyone! I have a CBR929RR and I wanted to hear some feed back from anyone who removed the factory exhaust for a full set up. Is it worth the money? Any power gains? Does the bike run better/worse? Please let me know your thoughts!

Thanks.

I'm running a full titanium Akrapovic system on mine.
I think I paid around A$800 including shipping from Canada from a member here so well worth the cost.
As you'd expect, more topend, less midrange.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I bought my 954 with a full hindle high-mount. It also has a PC3R tweaked for it. My friend has one with only a 2 brothers slip on. Mine is A LOT more responsive, more even powerband, faster, and not to mention just sounds vicious. And the last I looked for hindles I think I found some for about 650 brand new for a whole exhaust on clearance and most go for about $500 used.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm running a full titanium Akrapovic system on mine.
I think I paid around A$800 including shipping from Canada from a member here so well worth the cost.
As you'd expect, more topend, less midrange.
hello bladeracer & dcouture

I just picked up a full used Acro race system ex New York for $ 350 aus landed.

Just got the can repacked today & am waiting to dyno with the PC3 before & after, do you have simiar graphs Bladeracer or did you just wack it on & feel the change?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
hello bladeracer & dcouture

I just picked up a full used Acro race system ex New York for $ 350 aus landed.

Just got the can repacked today & am waiting to dyno with the PC3 before & after, do you have simiar graphs Bladeracer or did you just wack it on & feel the change?

I had a dyno run back in '04 but nothing since.
When I swapped the Akrapovic system on I also swapped in the 954 throttle bodies. The results were very nice :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
interesting on the enlarged 954 bodies
does your pc deal with that change ok ?
I was thinking along those lines & with the multisquirt 954 injectors ?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
interesting on the enlarged 954 bodies
does your pc deal with that change ok ?
I was thinking along those lines & with the multisquirt 954 injectors ?

I had no trouble at all, didn't even alter the mapping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts