Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got all the pieces to my retro-fit glass-projector HID system. I went with 5100k bulbs and I'm planning on doing the install this weekend after a track day at Heartland Park Saturday.

The kit is all inclusive and includes full glass-projector housings and white halo rings, so the job won't be all shoddy with HID bulbs in a crappy reflector. I'm converting the POS 1 bulb on low, 2 bulbs on high system that Honda thinks is fantastic (you know, the one that invites hundreds of strangers and some police to inform you that you have a blown bulb...) with a proper 2 bulbs on low and 2 bulbs on high system. The projector housings also have the electric low beam cutoff solenoid in them, so this is a proper bi-xenon setup.

I'm posting because I'd like to know if enough people are interested in me doing a complete picture/video walkthrough of the procedure with all the detail and nothing left out when I tackle this project this weekend.

For those of you who may be interested, I got everything I need, with the exception of solder and heatshrink wire loom tubing, for about $209.00 shipped. (took a lot of shopping around and I got lucky that they went on sale... saved $90 more dollars right there.)

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm interested in a complete picture/video walkthrough of the procedure as well as any part numbers or retailers of the system you purchased.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Cool mod. Was planning to do this on my 929 but it will have to wait for next winter. Major issues I'll be looking for answers are
1)finding small enough bi-xenon projectors that fit the housing as they are slightly longer than normal projectors.
2)build a circuit that automatically waits a few seconds until the engine is running before igniting the hid's

·
Registered
263 Posts
That's without a projector, depending on your reflector you'll risk blinding oncoming traffic even with the low beams.. I tried that on my 929 but it attracted too much attention, cars would flash me all the time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's without a projector, depending on your reflector you'll risk blinding oncoming traffic even with the low beams.. I tried that on my 929 but it attracted too much attention, cars would flash me all the time.
are you referring to my link or the thread author's?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My system is a full glass-projector, not just an HID bulb slapped in the stock reflector. For $60 you shouldn't expect a full retro-fit, just the bulbs without projector housings.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
This is what I am using: H7 H1 Bixenon projector system, complete I found them from a seller on eBay that usually sells them for $299 including shipping, but recently dropped his price to $209.

Should look something like this setup:

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
looks sweet, but you just picked up projectors off of ebay? are they oem from another application or aftermarket thrown into the headlight housings? If they are OEM Infiniti FX is what I am assuming otherwise too large to fit....? I have been some s2k and TL projectors I was toying with the idea too. would love to see your outcome and beam pattern when done.

If they aren't OEM projectors, the light pattern may be worse than simply slapping an HID conversion into existing setup. HOPE its all good for you!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Looks good, I don't know why Honda won't turn to projectors in their bikes, I think they are the only one that has not started using them.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Are they using projectors and HID's on new Yamaha's and Kawa's or just normal bulbs with projectors?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts