Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sponsors
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

The Yoshimura brand is well known in the motorcycle racing community. The company was founded in 1954 in Japan by Hideo "Pops" Yoshimura, an engineer and bike tuning enthusiast. His goal was to make great performance parts making motorcycles run faster at the track. The business was growing fast in the 1970s after the win in an AMA Superbike race. Further wins in racing events ensure the brand’s success outside Japan and in the U.S.

Introducing the competition-ready Race Series Alpha T Exhaust System by Yoshimura. This full exhaust system is made of stainless steel with a carbon fiber end cap. The system offers great gains in peak torque and horsepower while reducing the overall weight by 7.4 lbs. Besides, you will gain the unmistakable Yoshimura exhaust sound. Note that the system is designed for racing applications only.

Yoshimura® - Race Series Alpha T Exhaust System - MOTORCYCLEiD.com

Specifications:
Race-ready!
Full exhaust system.
Material: stainless steel
Carbon fiber end cap
Produces: 16% more peak torque
19% more peak horsepower
Reduces weight over the stock system by 7.4 lbs!
Yoshimura Works Finish gives hot pipes a titanium look
Proudly made in the USA!

Fitment:
2017 Honda CBR1000RR

Click the image to enter the product page for more information. Check fitment in “Product Options”
If you want to browse the full catalog of Yoshimura exhaust products and other components at MOTORCYCLEiD.com, click the button below:

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here or call our tech experts at 888.903.4344​

·
Sponsors
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I knew my stuff, but what is a 'heated system'?:unsure:
Sorry, I put it wrong. What I was trying to say is that the color of the exhaust changes after it goes through a heat cycle of 15 min or more.

·
Registered
92 Posts
A 19% HP gain is a big number especially combined with a torque boost too. I'm guessing those numbers are for the exhaust and an ECU flash.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
A 19% HP gain is a big number especially combined with a torque boost too. . .
Agree. That shows that either the Yoshi system is SOOOO good, and/or the OEM system is over-restrictive.

HOWEVER, the 2017 - 19 CBR1000RR is rated at 189 bhp at 13,000 revs. Add on 19% which equals 35.91 bhp bringing the 'claimed' total bhp to 224.91 which FAR exceeds the 217 bhp of the forthcoming 2020 RR-R.

Some room for scepticism there :unsure: .

The above is in no way critical to our respected forum vendor, but merely a constructive comment on figures presumably offered by Yoshimura Corporation.

·
Sponsors
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some room for scepticism there :unsure: .

The above is in no way critical to our respected forum vendor, but merely a constructive comment on figures presumably offered by Yoshimura Corporation.
Yeah, you're right. I operate with the numbers they gave me. But on the diagram peak HP and TQ gains are actually 2 times lower:

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
At least he's honest about the "optimistic" advertising.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts