Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after I got my 1987 600 sorted with the cutting out problems I have had nothing but fun on her.
She runs like a dream, pulls like a train, and accelerates like a cheetah with it's bum on fire, a couple of my friends have been amazed at how quick she is considering how old she is, one of them has a GPZ1100 and the other has a Triumph Sprint RS.
The only downside at the moment is the front break is a little poor but that can be sorted with some sintered pads.
I also had a nail go in the rear so had to replace both tyres as they don't make the ones that were fitted when I bought the bike, since then it has done nothing but rain so I have not been able to scrub them in :rolleyes: normally I'm an all weather rider but to be honest it is scaring the hell out of me when I go out in the wet and I'm soooo slow round corners that push bikes are passing me :crap: but hey,,, it won't rain for ever :smilebig:

AL

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've had an '87 CBR600 for 8 years and love it. Learned a lot about the bike. The only real problem I ever have is that I usually have to bump start it in the Spring and if it sits for a couple of weeks. The problem got much better after a switch to iridium spark plugs. I figure the combination of maybe some weak ignition and a relatively small battery caused the starting problem. Installed a Corbin seat, throttle rocker and 5" longer screen and can take some long rides that way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts