Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was installing a fender eliminator and had to remove the battery in the process. During reassembly, I reconnected the battery cables but left the factory license plate light wires exposed. They touched the passenger peg and made a spark. I quickly removed the wires and tried to start the bike, it just clicks but doesn't start and the running lights/ dashboard lights don't come on, only the headlights. I think I probably blew the light fuse, to which I don't know the location (my first question), but I'm wondering if I may have burned out the rectifier (question #2)? Help me out please. :confused:

·
Registered
833 Posts
I don't think you damaged the rectifier. Did something very similar when I was wiring in some new turn signals a few months ago. As for the location of your fuses, check your owner's manual if you have one. If not, check under the seat near the battery for the fuse box.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Well, the fuses are located nder the seat, just behind the battery and/in front of the trunk. There is also a relay or two there i believe. There are also a few relays on the right side of the bike, under the tail piece (if looking at it from the back) but i dont recall which ones off the top of my head. And the rectifier is located on the left side of the bike, under the tail piece. (again, if looking from the back). hope that helps. :thumb:

·
Registered
314 Posts
:nono:
Sounds like a dead battery to me dude.
prob died while you checked the lights ect...
its common while doing wireing jobs that the battery gets run down from testing..
and if you got sparks while fitting a peice on the bike it means you had her switched on at the time, so draining the battery..
the click is the power not making it passed the solinoid..
charge her up and check your meter and light fuses:thumb:

·
Registered
514 Posts
:nono:
Sounds like a dead battery to me dude.
prob died while you checked the lights ect...
its common while doing wireing jobs that the battery gets run down from testing..
and if you got sparks while fitting a peice on the bike it means you had her switched on at the time, so draining the battery..
the click is the power not making it passed the solinoid..
charge her up and check your meter and light fuses:thumb:
agreed. clicks are solenoid. battery is dead. and key had to be on too see sparks.

charge battery and change fuse.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys...I located the fuse panel behind the left side fairing and found the lights/instrument fuse blown. I replaced it and got the lights working. I had to boost the battery, apparently it was drained from me testing the lights. I'm glad it wasn't the rectifier...Thanks again. :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts