Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard before that they work... but a 954 scotts kit does not work properly on my 929. The pin that is mounted to the gas tank mounts is not far enough forward.

I'm getting a machinist friend of mine to make me a new one, so it's not a big deal for me, just figured I'd throw it out there. All of the individual components mount up fine, they just don't allow you to mount the damper.

·
Registered
170 Posts
probably has something to do with the shorter gas tank on the 954, i would imagine it mounts up in a slightly different place because of that.....anyone know anything about why this would be? My gpr stabilizer is for a 954 and its on my 929.....but the slot for the pin is oval not round, so i guess that would make for some extra adjustability........while were on this topic, is the 954 gas tank a direct swap for the 929?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 954 tank mounts seem to be farther forward, not back as I would expect with a shorter tank.

·
Registered
170 Posts
wierd...anyone who has had a 54 and 29 know what u would have to do to get the 54 tank on the 29? It looks so much cooler, dont think i have ever heard anyone talk about doing it, although i am sure it has been done

1 - 6 of 6 Posts