Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,983 Posts
I've driven it and the sedan 3 times in the past 2 weeks.

What you wanna know? Compared to mi madre's 350Z, its light years quieter. I think it looks better too (the G35c) but don't let her know that...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
Mine is leaving today. Has good power and torque down low. Handles OK, Brembo's very good w/ little fade. Definitely a 2 seater, no leg/headroom in the rear. I really like the gearbox. This is comparing it to my Evo.

As far as quality goes, not impressed at all. It seemed like a lot of car for the money, but the interior is very lame! hardly any trim and looks out of place. The plastic in front of the gauges cracked. It's paper thin and was one of many the dealer replaced. The power seat controls stopped working and the drivers power window hung up all the time.

For mods, a customer/freind has one that was a magazine demo car we did the audio in. He put a Full Borla system, Header, HF Cat and Catback, Intake system and Reflash, Lightened flywheel, clutch and differential. 5K of parts got him from 237 to 250 HP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
A co-worker of mine has a 350Z (don't remember year; I think the first year they came out) and he has issues with the tires wearing down quickly and unevenly (suspension issue I believe). This is actually a wide spread problem amongst 350Z owners. I'm wondering does this apply to the G35 also? :idunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,390 Posts
BillAce said:
For mods, a customer/freind has one that was a magazine demo car we did the audio in. He put a Full Borla system, Header, HF Cat and Catback, Intake system and Reflash, Lightened flywheel, clutch and differential. 5K of parts got him from 237 to 250 HP.
That driveline work won't really show up on the dyno, but it will when you drive it. The intake was probably a waste of dough unless he adds a blower or heads or something.

A guy here at work has one and loves it. I've never driven one, but I think nissan did an impressive job giving the stock exhaust a really nice tone for a 6. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,983 Posts
mr_rua said:
A co-worker of mine has a 350Z (don't remember year; I think the first year they came out) and he has issues with the tires wearing down quickly and unevenly (suspension issue I believe). This is actually a wide spread problem amongst 350Z owners. I'm wondering does this apply to the G35 also? :idunno:
my mom's car had this. 03 350z's (hers is the performance model) had alignment issues which caused accelerated wear on the front tires. Nissan has a TSB out on this and she got a free alignment and two brand new 18" front summer tires out of the deal.

Have your buddy call his nissan dealership and ask about this. After the alignment job and the new tires, no issues...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,326 Posts
While they are nice looking sport coupes, they are EVERYWHERE and have only been available for ~18 months?


He put a Full Borla system, Header, HF Cat and Catback, Intake system and Reflash, Lightened flywheel, clutch and differential. 5K of parts got him from 237 to 250 HP.

:eek: Talk about pissin' $$ away. Forced Induction would have been $$ better spent.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,216 Posts
freq said:
...Talk about pissin' $$ away. Forced Induction would have been $$ better spent.
Well, when he eventually goes forced induction, much of that stuff will be useful. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,983 Posts
BillAce said:
For mods, a customer/freind has one that was a magazine demo car we did the audio in. He put a Full Borla system, Header, HF Cat and Catback, Intake system and Reflash, Lightened flywheel, clutch and differential. 5K of parts got him from 237 to 250 HP.
Dang. Thats not a return all that great. Aparantly nissans variable valve timing isn't quite the "gift to tuners" that the VTC and VTEC (ie, iVTEC) is from honda/acura. I can go from 180whp in my RSX to over 210 with a intake, header and a hondata ecu mod. No exhaust mods for the sleeper in all of us! :evilaugh:

That thing does have some serious stomp down low though, gees! And I gotta agree with ltl, it does sound great for a 6...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
freq said:
While they are nice looking sport coupes, they are EVERYWHERE and have only been available for ~18 months?





:eek: Talk about pissin' $$ away. Forced Induction would have been $$ better spent.
Those parts were free. He's now having the block sleeved, crank, rods, pistons and all internals, heads done, fullrace custom manifolds and a PE TT kit. He hopes for 800HP and wants to race my Evo. I figure I'll race him to 60 since I'll kill him out of the hole then slow down and let him fly by. Then I'll try to pick up as many pieces of his motor I can as his smoking heap crawls to the side of the road. Pick him up and drive him home. Oh yeah, this time he's dropped almost 15K of his own $$$$$$.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
663 Posts
The company I work for makes all the interior aluminum trim on those (but not the plastic stuff that apparently cracks). Actually, I work directly with the Infiinity G35 program. In Japan, those aluminum parts go into the Skyline.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
freq said:
See that deez, already you have a reason to replace the suspension. Just like your other machines.
I own one machine with aftermarket suspension, the RC.

The other 2 machines will be sold this year :evilaugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
deftones156 said:
The company I work for makes all the interior aluminum trim on those (but not the plastic stuff that apparently cracks). Actually, I work directly with the Infiinity G35 program. In Japan, those aluminum parts go into the Skyline.

do you make the radio bezel? I've bought a bunch of the JDM version so I could add aftermarket DIN headunits to them.

http://carsound.com/articles/publish/article_410.shtml

This is my freinds G, there is a picture of it in there with the Alpine stereo & Status F1 controller.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,983 Posts
BillAce said:
do you make the radio bezel? I've bought a bunch of the JDM version so I could add aftermarket DIN headunits to them.

http://carsound.com/articles/publish/article_410.shtml

This is my freinds G, there is a picture of it in there with the Alpine stereo & Status F1 controller.
Awesome link... You really know your $hit man! :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
Thanks, that was a last minute Christmas season, the car leaves for Vegas in 5 weeks job. I did pretty much use all the cargo space and the owner (Phil) did all the sanding. I'm pretty close to getting him to come to Grattan too. I just put Sirius on the Vespa he bought as a pit bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ccwilli3 said:
Dang. Thats not a return all that great. Aparantly nissans variable valve timing isn't quite the "gift to tuners" that the VTC and VTEC (ie, iVTEC) is from honda/acura. I can go from 180whp in my RSX to over 210 with a intake, header and a hondata ecu mod. No exhaust mods for the sleeper in all of us! :evilaugh:

That thing does have some serious stomp down low though, gees! And I gotta agree with ltl, it does sound great for a 6...
He should have put in a turbo instead ;) The twin turbo will be available in just over 2 years now, 480HP is the current talk :smilebig:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
663 Posts
BillAce said:
do you make the radio bezel? I've bought a bunch of the JDM version so I could add aftermarket DIN headunits to them.

http://carsound.com/articles/publish/article_410.shtml

This is my freinds G, there is a picture of it in there with the Alpine stereo & Status F1 controller.
If you mean the aluminum that surrounds the radio, yes we do. Everything from the shifter console all the way up to the aluminum around the climate control. Your buddy's car looks really sweet! :thumb:
Oh, we make all the stock stuff, no aftermarket.
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top