Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a potential windfall in the near future and am considering a GPS finally.

Anyone have knowledge of the Quest or Quest 2 (both even better).

Sounds like they don't come with a charger :confused: I kind of like the Quest 2 having detailed maps which I could add topo's to, but for $200+ more :hmm:

The main use would be the RR with some time on the Ascot and a couple of car trips.

Thanks

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ConqSoft said:
Quest: :nono:

2610: :nod:
Thought about it but I like the Quest so I can pluck it off when hiking to waterfalls. Also I could take a battery operated one more places :idunno:

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ConqSoft said:
Hiking? :eek:

Yeah, you'd want to go with the Quest then.
:nod: I was slack this year but check the sheep site. Almost every fall on there I rode the Ascot to :D (not the ones in the polar north)

·
Registered
212 Posts
The 2 comes with the pre-loaded detailed maps and additional memory. The original comes with a map CD but not enough memory to hold them all. It does have a very good base map built in though. The 2 also allows you to turn the screen sideways. I believe both come with chargers for 12v and 110v.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
2610 = Kiddie Version :poke:

276C = :nod:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Baketech said:
2610 = Kiddie Version :poke:

276C = :nod:
:thrdjack: So how do you like the 276c? Any drawbacks?

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Other than cost...not big drawbacks, especially if you are moving it between vehicles. It functions very well in automotive and marine mode... :thumb:
A very good "all-purpose" GPS.... :twocents:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Baketech said:
Other than cost...not big drawbacks, especially if you are moving it between vehicles. It functions very well in automotive and marine mode... :thumb:
A very good "all-purpose" GPS.... :twocents:
You talked me into it, ordered mine today:cycle:
Thanks for your insite

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FireMedicZ said:
Thanks for your insite
You were supposed to try the Garmin Quest 2 and give a report :mad:

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
FireMedicZ said:
Thanks for your insite
Good luck with it... :thumb:
I've already got my eyes on the new 376C.... :evilaugh:

·
Registered
68 Posts
sheepofblue said:
You were supposed to try the Garmin Quest 2 and give a report :mad:
I considered the Quest 2, the 2610, the 2720 and the 276c, and setteled on the 276c because it has a larger screen, does more than one track, has expandable memory and has a removable/replaceable battery. The other plus is that most of the hardware I already have from my now defunct GPS V is compatablewith the 276c.

From all accounts I've seen the Garmin Quest 2 is a great unit, and would have gotten one if I did not already have all that compatable hardware (power cables from bike, remote antennas, beanbag mounts for the car, and software)

Sorry for being a :thrdjack:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Baketech said:
Man!! What a feature, to have Nexrad radar on your GPS..... could have used that on my last trip:hitfan: but didn't like the $99 a month price for the weather radar feature. If XM would come down on their subscription price....:soapbox:

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Baketech said:
The only reason you like the 376 is that it is in the fishing section

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
sheepofblue said:
The only reason you like the 376 is that it is in the fishing section
Bwahahhaaaa....if they add a sheeping feature...it's mine... :evilaugh:

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you want one that is great for hiking as well as mounting on the bike i use the GPSmap 60 c and love it. It doesn't map on the streets as well as some of the others but with the City Select North America software it works great. It betters served for hiking and backpacking but i still love the thing

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Baketech said:
Bwahahhaaaa....if they add a sheeping feature...it's mine... :evilaugh:
Or you could just look in front of you during the next Fireblades.org days (except when I am getting ready to lap you)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts