Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 cbr 600 sjr it is leaking gas from the vent tubes going to air box i have cleaned the carbs and fliped them over and blew in to them to make sure that the float valves were not leaking which they were not put them back on and put fuel to them and they start leaking gas from the vent tubes seen about 50 threads on this but no finial fix for the problem please help me out i have no clue to what the problem is i know there is no gunk in the float valve seat and the floats are good because there is no fuel in the floats when i take apart help me please.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I have a 1996 cbr 600 sjr it is leaking gas from the vent tubes going to air box i have cleaned the carbs and fliped them over and blew in to them to make sure that the float valves were not leaking which they were not put them back on and put fuel to them and they start leaking gas from the vent tubes seen about 50 threads on this but no finial fix for the problem please help me out i have no clue to what the problem is i know there is no gunk in the float valve seat and the floats are good because there is no fuel in the floats when i take apart help me please.

Connect a fuel supply to the carbs with about six feet of head height. The carbs should not leak when held with the float bowls level - if they do then the float heights are set incorrectly and/or the float valves are bad. Then tilt them until they start leaking then level them again, the leaking should stop, test them by tilting them in all directions. If it doesn't stop then the float heights are set incorrectly and/or the float valves are bad or sticking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i had to take apart the bowls again and clean them but this time i put 2 clear fuel filters on it and now no more gas leaks go to walmart and get the g3 fuel filters in the auto motive section and my fuel pump went out on me also so i went to autozone and bought part number sp8016u for a fuel pump works great and is only $53 instade of 150 from honda it pumps 2.5 to 4 psi and does not over power the floats i though that i would add that so if any one eles is have fuel pump issues well so far so good runs like a raped ape

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
yes i had to take apart the bowls again and clean them but this time i put 2 clear fuel filters on it and now no more gas leaks go to walmart and get the g3 fuel filters in the auto motive section and my fuel pump went out on me also so i went to autozone and bought part number sp8016u for a fuel pump works great and is only $53 instade of 150 from honda it pumps 2.5 to 4 psi and does not over power the floats i though that i would add that so if any one eles is have fuel pump issues well so far so good runs like a raped ape

Did you clean out the tank and fuel lines?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts