Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
first off, the mileage you will be seeing is going to be affected by factors like full exhaust w/PCIII, sprocket changes, and of course how much throttle input. with that said i would say 30 to 40 mpg. all three of the factors i mentioned affect my mileage and i'm around 33-35 mpg.

·
Registered
685 Posts
also amazing that same bike puts out more HP than most new cars.

not really when you think about it, quite a bit of Chevy's new fleet gets at least 35 mpg's, i'd think these cars are at least pushing out 130 hp or so ? Now they also aren't being revved to 11g's either,like our bikes do :eyebrows:

·
Registered
163 Posts
As I'm from Europe, all I can say is that American car engines drink WAY too much fuel and also have too much displacement for the power they seem to pump out....

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
not really when you think about it, quite a bit of Chevy's new fleet gets at least 35 mpg's, i'd think these cars are at least pushing out 130 hp or so ? Now they also aren't being revved to 11g's either,like our bikes do :eyebrows:
once you do that power to weight equation you'll see that the bike far exceeds the car in HP

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Depends how you ride, I get about 24 t0 26 mpg on my 03 954, only mod is a Jardine RT-1 slip-on. IF and that is a big IF, I can manage to convince myself to short shift and keep my RPM's below 6k I can get 35mpg from my bike.

As for my cage I get 14.3mpg consistently in my F-150.

As an american I can enjoy a nice big gas guzzling full size pickup truck:lol:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know this is a month old thread but i was looking at mpg changes with a PCIII and saw this. I have a devil pipe slip on and get consistant 40 - 44mpg. Only time i saw 38 was during the winter time with long warm ups every day back and forth to work for 7 miles. This is true for 8k miles ive put on it. This is both on it and easy on it (below 6k) riding.

I also have a gas guzzling 69 Olds that gets 8mpg

·
Registered
552 Posts
i havent really mesured my mpg i just know that my low fuel light comes on between 114 and 130 miles depending on how hard i get into it. i think i did see a 145 ones but that was when i first got the bike and was getting use to it but that was probly 11,000 miles ago and a whole riding season ago also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts