Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was told at the dealership to use 87. i run 89 octane. but i was wondering what the rest of you are using?

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
I think in most engines it is safe to use the lowest octane you can without experiencing valve 'pinging'.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
92 or sometimes 98, sorry I forgot we had higher octane readily available at our servo's

·
Registered
684 Posts
I use the highest octane pump gas I can find. Usually 93 or 94 octane. Citgo, Mobil, or BP(Amoco).

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Usually 91, but I ran 89 all the way down to Pismo Beach yesterday and 2 days ago with no noticable difference.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Must resist the pull.......

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
ND4SPDSHO : Quote (abtech @ July 04 2003, 10:51am)you need to add HP threads to the vortex . . .
and exhaust and tires

I think we need a bigger vortex
Hmmmm.....forgot countersteering too....

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Bacchus : I think in most engines it is safe to use the lowest octane you can without experiencing valve 'pinging'.
As a matter of fact, there is information out there to suggest you make the MOST POWER with the LOWEST octane rating your machine will tolerate without suffering pre-ignition and detonation.

I run 87 only, just as the OM says.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Baketech : Must resist the pull.......

look that was really uncalled for. you are just being an ass! there is no need for that when i only posted a question. i am new to this board as you can tell and instead of being helpfull you are making fun and being a prick. if you don't like the question i ask don't answer and move on.... i don't know every answer about these bikes yet like you do. so maybe i should just pm you the cbr god with a laundry list of questions so you can answer them all for me.

Thanks again...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Never ran anything lower than 93 usually get whats the higher at the pumps, When I got my bike dyno tuned they drained my tank and put 114 in it it brought the numbers up so i say the higher the better

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
jerseydrew : look that was really uncalled for. you are just being an ass! there is no need for that when i only posted a question. i am new to this board as you can tell and instead of being helpfull you are making fun and being a prick. if you don't like the question i ask don't answer and move on.... i don't know every answer about these bikes yet like you do. so maybe i should just pm you the cbr god with a laundry list of questions so you can answer them all for me.
Drew, relax. It was only a joke and as you can see, there are several folks here who offered you good advice, including myself. That said, Baketech's graphic was pretty funny.

No worries bro. Visit and post often!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts