Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a loose hose under the airbox. It comes from the bottom of the gas tank to a plastic tee; one side of the tee goes underneath the bike for drainage, but where does the other side go??? Thanks, Wes

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
There are so many hoses in there it's hard to decifer which one you are talking about.
There are a few hoses which get connected to the gas tank itself (overflow, and vent).
There is another which I think you may be asking about which goes to the airbox. If you are referring to the pair valve (located under cross brace, has wires going to it) as a "T" than the hose goes to the underside of the airbox.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
So, the one side goes underneath the bike for vent, and the one you're talking about is just sitting in there, looking like it pulled off of something but you don't know what? Don't worry about it, unless your bike is a CA model. This end of the hose would go to some pollution control stuff that isn't present on the 49 state bikes. Guess it was cheaper/easier for them to make one hose for all bikes.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I believe what you’re talking about are the vent hoses. They don’t connect to anything; they just run along the sides of the bike for ventilation.

i know cuz i snapped the "T" connector.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats what I needed, it didn't make sense to me that the line would have a tee that wouldn't go to anything. If you guys say so then I feel better thank you Wes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts