Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, what have you used to prop up the gas tank to do work under there like change the air filter element?

Rob

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
G-Force Junkie said:
Couple of bungie cords back to the frankenbolts or pasenger peg brackets.

Sounds good to me. Thanks. What the heck are frankenbolts? Are those like frankandbeans?

Rob

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
929rrob said:
Sounds good to me. Thanks. What the heck are frankenbolts? Are those like frankandbeans?

Rob
Those bolts that the rear seat/trunk lid ride on...extended out so they also act as bungy mounts...looks like the bolts coming out Frankensteins neck...hence Frankenbolts :)

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I cant believe people use to be banned for talking about wheelies, but racial chit is totally acceptable :huh:

·
Registered
92 Posts
bjay51d said:
I cant believe people use to be banned for talking about wheelies, but racial chit is totally acceptable :huh:

I'm sure that if I had posted "RentARedneck" you wouldnt have posted the same thoughts. If you would have looked at the site in detail you would see it is run by African Americans. The service they provide combats true racism with humor. However, I'm not about to discount your passion or experiences.

I'm willing to admit that my sense for humor is a "have to know me to love me type". Sometimes I forget that these web-sites are world wide (the ww in WWW). Even though the site moderators have taken the time to investigate further (you know look at the facts unlike most), and to their fairness wanted me to restore my previous posts, I will not be doing so. I think it's best if I stick to motorcycle related and "safe" topics. Lets just move on.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Oldskool said:
I'm sure that if I had posted "RentARedneck" you wouldnt have posted the same thoughts. If you would have looked at the site in detail you would see it is run by African Americans. The service they provide combats true racism with humor. However, I'm not about to discount your passion or experiences.

I'm willing to admit that my sense for humor is a "have to know me to love me type". Sometimes I forget that these web-sites are world wide (the ww in WWW). Even though the site moderators have taken the time to investigate further (you know look at the facts unlike most), and to their fairness wanted me to restore my previous posts, I will not be doing so. I think it's best if I stick to motorcycle related and "safe" topics. Lets just move on.
Youre probly right about he rednck thing as it doesnt affend me. I was just making a point.Besides this site is tame compared to others.I agree we should just move on...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like the bungie cord hooked to the frankenstein bolts. Thanks for the help everyone. I'm going to bust that baby open tomorrow.

Rob

·
Registered
847 Posts
929rrob said:
I like the bungie cord hooked to the frankenstein bolts. Thanks for the help everyone. I'm going to bust that baby open tomorrow.

Rob
Since the 929 tank doesn't have the hinge in the back like a 954. Leave the single tank bolt (the one with rubber all around) tight and loosen the 2 screws that hold the piece that single rear bolt connects too (it's the same bracket that holds the front of the seat). That way as you pivot the tank up, you won't run the risk of chipping paint off the tank edge.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts