Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I see I've lost my #2 postwhore status. :rant:

Here're a few pics for ya. Finally got my mountain bike a couple of days ago. Susan's arrives today. We had to have them special ordered 'cause we're both midgets. This Trek 6700 is very similar, component-wise, to the 8900 I had in AZ. It came with SRAM shifting, which I hated, so the shop swapped out shifters - to rapid fire - and rear derailleur (both to XT upgrade at no extra cost). Also switched brakes operation for me - yes, even bicycle front and rear brake operation is bass ackwards down here. Also a pic of a blue tongued skink I caught in the back yard a few days ago (sorry for the blurry one, but it gives you an idea of why they are so named), and the new barbecue setup we just purchased. And yes, that IS The Pete at the controls. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Bacchus said:
Well, I see I've lost my #2 postwhore status. :rant:

Here're a few pics for ya. Finally got my mountain bike a couple of days ago. Susan's arrives today. We had to have them special ordered 'cause we're both midgets. This Trek 6700 is very similar, component-wise, to the 8900 I had in AZ. It came with SRAM shifting, which I hated, so the shop swapped out shifters - to rapid fire - and rear derailleur (both to XT upgrade at no extra cost). Also switched brakes operation for me - yes, even bicycle front and rear brake operation is bass ackwards down here. Also a pic of a blue tongued skink I caught in the back yard a few days ago (sorry for the blurry one, but it gives you an idea of why they are so named), and the new barbecue setup we just purchased. And yes, that IS The Pete at the controls. :D
pffffft that bike is a joke. whats the matter couldn't spring for some ohlins usd r/t forks?

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Dude, that barbecue is the shiznit. I gotta get me one of those..... :cheers:

·
Registered
626 Posts
:sless: Dude I lived there for two years, why didn't you bring the MTB with you? What did you pay for that thing? Every bike I looked there was like twice the US value. I considered becoming a shimano smuggler, I could have made more the the crack smugglers...

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Glad to see ya back on the .Org ...

Why you would trust "PETE" with the lower, suction, part of your BBQ I am at a loss. Down under, left, right, up, down.... You do remember who... what... you are , don't you??!!??:idunno: :hmm:

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Hey, blue tongue lizards are one of our coolest critters! They are very friendly and they eat the roaches :thumb: Can't ask for any better than that!

Good stuff Bacchy - keep on educating them!

Z..

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Aychdot - two wheels without a motor is expensive enough down here. The lizard is harmless - I'm waiting to catch one of these! http://faunanet.gov.au/wos/factfile.cfm?Fact_ID=294

Mo Noyz - totally harmless and very cool lizards.

Phobia - You want one, don't ya?! :eyebrows:

CBR929RE - those are Ohlins, fellow midget. :p

sheep - a koala will tear you a new asshole, mate. :eek:

Getsome - It does steaks in 16.8 milliseconds... :D

Mojave - reptiles are my friends; see BladeRider's post below re: bike prices here.

BladeRider - The 6700 retails for $2,000 Oz dollars. I got it for $1,650 with quite a bit of "stuff" thrown in. That's about $1,200 US, so not a bad deal.

cbr99xx - Where the hell is Pete anyway? Sure looks like him at the BBQ controls.

Zeeman - Yep, reptiles are cool! We have Shingle Back Lizards in the yard too - I'm sure I'll find one before long.

Whew..... I feel like I just pulled a "Chain".

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Being a herpetologist (kinda) I hope you take care with what I think is the number 2 most venomous snake in the world... :) (we have 8 of the top ten and all the top 5....)

Z...

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
That bike looks er...small.

Many other places "reverse" the brakes compared to us. I set my bikes up so the right brake lever is the front (like a motorcycle), probably how your new bike came.

Trivia: One local shop makes you sign a waiver if you want your brakes "Euro style", and it is a law to set the brakes so the right handle is the rear brake on bikes sold in the US. :rotfl:

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Bacchus said:
CBR929RE - those are Ohlins, fellow midget. :p
ok you're pulling my leg right? next you're gonna tell me those are marchesini's, brembo brakes and crg levers.

Zeeman said:
Being a herpetologist (kinda) I hope you take care with what I think is the number 2 most venomous snake in the world... :) (we have 8 of the top ten and all the top 5....)

Z...
I think you're right about that being #2. but how can you have all of the top 5 if you don't have #1
http://www.blueplanetbiomes.org/black_mamba.htm

The Croc Hunter went after one of them one time. The government of whatever country it was made him have medics with him the whole time. If I remember correctly its bite will kill you in 12 minutes.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
CBR929RE said:
ok you're pulling my leg right? next you're gonna tell me those are marchesini's, brembo brakes and crg levers.

I think you're right about that being #2. but how can you have all of the top 5 if you don't have #1
Yep, pulling your leg regarding the front shocks.

Oz DOES have the most venomous (land) snake in the world - check it out - fierce snake, or inland taipan... :D

http://www.avru.unimelb.edu.au/avruweb/Taipans.htm

1 - 20 of 26 Posts