Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe it's cause I have been off a bike for a while and it's always been a pet peve of mine but does any ones moto thud maybe too hard when out into gear? I feel like that "clack" sound when I put it in first is too loud, my 954 was the same way and it may be the nature of the beast but if not is like to adjust/maybe time for a clutch?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is 1200 where it should be set? I think Im usually about 1500, maybe that's why, my f4i never did it that bad and it had 30k on it

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well today while stopped at a light the bike died and it was deft the battery, it usually stays on a charger but it's been off since I got it and I m thinking the stator is out, it won't idle but if I hold it at like 4k rpm or so it'll stay alive, as soon as it dips back into the 1500/2500 range it quickly dies

·
Registered
88 Posts
Dropping idle speed reduces clunk, but also makes the off ->on throttle transition more abrupt and increases engine braking. Get bike rolling fwd before engage 1st greatly reduces clunk. A thicker oil also helps. I run 20-50 wt. oil and no clunk at all when engine cold. I think the 20-50 will also lengthen tranny service life.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts