Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried asking this in the riding gear forum, but only got one reply. I was hoping for some more responses here.

" I am trying to do this right, with all the right gear, but where do you store all this stuff when you reach your destination? Do you carry a change of clothes with you everywhere or just walking around in the riding pants and shoes?"

Like say for instance your meeting some friends at the mall or a movie? Do you still wear all that gear? Do you bring a change of clothes and change in a bathroom? Maybe store it a backpack? Was looking for some real life scenarios to make all this gear realistic. I have already bought, boots, gloves and helmet and I am looking around for a nice jacket.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Depends what I am doing etc. If going to a movie, I'll wear jeans and a jacket, and if its hot, I'll wear shorts underneath my jeans and put my jeans in my trunk. If going riding, then I just wear my leathers and take pants with me if I think we are doing anything or if going somewhere, use a cargo net to strap a backpack on the back seat.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
I tried asking this in the riding gear forum, but only got one reply. I was hoping for some more responses here.

" I am trying to do this right, with all the right gear, but where do you store all this stuff when you reach your destination? Do you carry a change of clothes with you everywhere or just walking around in the riding pants and shoes?"

Like say for instance your meeting some friends at the mall or a movie? Do you still wear all that gear? Do you bring a change of clothes and change in a bathroom? Maybe store it a backpack? Was looking for some real life scenarios to make all this gear realistic. I have already bought, boots, gloves and helmet and I am looking around for a nice jacket.
I just wear my leathers and carry my lid. If it's hot I might carry my jacket as well.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
I'm same as bladeracer, If i'm out for social reasons i tend to wear my riding jeans and just carry the jacket and will leave boots on and helmet hooked onto bike
Except I don't wear riding jeans :)
I wear full leather and Sidi Vertebra boots.
I never leave my lid with the bike.
Only takes a box cutter to slice the strap and it's gone.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Around town I dress for comfort and just take that chance. Leathers everywhere else and bring a pair of shorts and shoes with me in a back pack or my tail luggage. I have left everything on the bike too but I try to leave the gear in someones car or store.

·
Registered
121 Posts
For something like a movie I just take the jacket off of the two piece riding suit keep the pants on set my gloves inside the helmet and put it all on the seat next to me. If im goin to the mall I just carry most stuff in a back pack if i dont have a friends car to put it in. Carrying the stuff isn't too much of a hassle its not like your gonna buy a lot of stuff if your on your bike. Besides chicks love a guy in riding gear. shows your daring for riding a sport bike but also smart/safe for having the gear lol.

·
Registered
824 Posts
For something like a movie I just take the jacket off of the two piece riding suit keep the pants on set my gloves inside the helmet and put it all on the seat next to me. If im goin to the mall I just carry most stuff in a back pack if i dont have a friends car to put it in. Carrying the stuff isn't too much of a hassle its not like your gonna buy a lot of stuff if your on your bike. Besides chicks love a guy in riding gear. shows your daring for riding a sport bike but also smart/safe for having the gear lol.

LOL...i hope if ur going to the movies that one of the seats next to you is for a girl...or do you put the helmet on one seat and ur jacket on the other and make her sit in the next row down :) jj....true... girls do love a man in gear...most of it is usually tight fitting too so it shows off the bod a little too :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
LOL...i hope if ur going to the movies that one of the seats next to you is for a girl...or do you put the helmet on one seat and ur jacket on the other and make her sit in the next row down :) jj....true... girls do love a man in gear...most of it is usually tight fitting too so it shows off the bod a little too :)

For me I wear normal cloths I dont wear a lid most cases unless I am doing some traveling. But I am in a state with no helmet law. My jacket if I have one on I just keep on. gloves and glasses I keep in the trunk of the bike.

·
Registered
90 Posts
For me I wear normal cloths I dont wear a lid most cases unless I am doing some traveling. But I am in a state with no helmet law. My jacket if I have one on I just keep on. gloves and glasses I keep in the trunk of the bike.

i live in a state with no helmet law, but i wear mine, just think if you go down
only time i dont wear it is some times when i go wash the bike. that is only 1000 foot away, and most times i wear it then 2

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have the 07 rr with the undertail exhaust so I don't really have the luxury of a "trunk". I have a small space that fits my paper work and the joke of a tool kit that came with the bike. My 76 cb had a better kit and it was almost 30 years old when I bought it. Heck I could repair every thing the bike using only the tool kit. The one I have now has an alan wrench and screw driver so I can get the fairings off to see what the problem is. But I wouldnt be able to repair a lot of issues.

·
Registered
824 Posts
ya...it all comes down to money now days...but hey...if you got the bike for $4000 off MSRP like i did you can afford to buy a whole garage full of tools :)

I usually ride with riding pants that are semi-padded and my AXO boots and rocket jacket when im just cruising...if im on the track or doing spirited riding i wear my rocket speedmaster 5.0 pants and one of my rocket jackets...and of course my sidi boots

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.