Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know I am buying new sprockets. chain...blah blah. But....gearing has me going back and forth... I def want to go at least one down up front..but I run my HTEV in the mid range position, Ive found that this is the best position for my type of riding. I do most of my riding in the 3-8000 rpm range and of course above and beyond 10000rpm here and there on the right pavement. I know I lose some top end pull by having the HTEV in the mid position. If I go 1 down in front and 1 up in the rear wont I lose even MORE top end? Im not too interested in losing more than I have now. I thought about maybe going 1 down up front and 1 up in the rear and wiring the valve in the wide open position but honestly my bike doesnt idle and respond that well when its in the wide open spot. So....whats best. I like to wheelie etc but dont seem to have any problems with that even with stock gearing...Im by no means a "stunter" though just like floated front end. So...def going 1 down up front....do I go 1 up in the rear as well??

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Went with one down and one up.... nervous. I hope it doesnt change my chain length because I ordered it stock @ 108 links.
That's fine. I changed sprockets to those sizes soon after purchasing my bike and left the stock chain on. As far as chain length/wheelbase, it's a very minimal difference. You may just need to adjust the chain a bit.

·
Registered
824 Posts
your equaling out...because the front will need less length and the back will need a little more...but you would only need a diff chain if you were going like 5 up in the back...-1 on my 08 was more than enough...good diff in accel and still a great top end..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.