Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When shifting from 1st to second, 3 out of 7 times it is a loud click, and when quick shifting without clutch it will stay in nuetral. I have been informed that replacing the spacers will fix the problem...about a 250-300 dollar fix...Anyone know what I am talking about...

When shifting it can jerk in lower rpms, but at high rpms it can....."can" go smoothly.

·
Registered
347 Posts
do a search on the subject, there should be many threads that adress this question. the consensous is that this is normal ( at least on a 954). mine does the same thing exactly. i shift to second at above five grand, and also make sure to make a posive shift and this has remedied the problem. also dropped the shift lever down a little and that also helped. that shift is my "clunkiest also"

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well its been goign smooth lately which is odd. I mean the bike only has 9k on it and shouldn't be messing up. sometimes it hits hard and sometimes it doesn't. Just once in a while it is really loud clank when shifting...low gearing its fine and between 5k-7k it will normally do the loud clank

1 - 4 of 4 Posts