Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day everyone. Im completely new to this forum stuff.
I have recently purchased my first big bike. It's a 2001 black CBR929. Im curious as to whether it could be an Erion Racing edition.
It has a powdercoated black frame, swing arm, sub frame & rims. Someone has painted the tank black (poorly). On the tank & side fairings you can faintly see the markings of the Erion decals that have been painted over. Is there a way you can tell for sure by going off the vin# or something. Thanks for your help guys, sorry if this question has been asked before. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
G'day Rudyrov, thanks very much for your input. I tried the the link you provided, but for some reason, it keeps saying "sorry we are unable to decode that vin" so it would seem i have hit another wall :crap:

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,146 Posts
G'day Rudyrov, thanks very much for your input. I tried the the link you provided, but for some reason, it keeps saying "sorry we are unable to decode that vin" so it would seem i have hit another wall :crap:
That's because you have an Oz bike Blackblade. Won't register properly for US stuff.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought that might be the case. I think its a mystery im never going to get an answer on. Like i said before tho, i love the bike. I really just wanted to put an end to my curiosity. Thanks for your help buddy. (I'll keep hunting around tho) :thumb:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Blackblade, too bad that didn't work.
I think maybe looking for the correct model number / description might help.
Remember that an Erion has the CBR929"RE" designation, maybe tracing that down through your licencing records might help.
Good luck!
:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Totally off your issue, but does anyone know how to tell what number a bike was in production? I know there were 2000 made, but was wondering what number I had. Recently, purchased bike and found it was an Erion Edition 2001 by running VIN.

Thanks

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,146 Posts
Keep searching and you shall be rewarded. Found this in another thread here:

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/review-my-ride/97883-1st-erion-racing-cbr929rr-made.html

A little more in depth to my points on your other thread, and should answer the :thrdjack: 's question lol. Courtesy of Bladeracer aka The MAN:D

The first digit is the manufacturer country code - J is Japan.
The second digit is the manufacturer code - H is Honda.
The third digit is the vehicle type code - 2 is motorcycle.
The next four digits are the model code - SC44 is the 929 (I think SC is for four-cylinder bikes of 801-1300cc, but I don't think it's set in stone).
The eighth digit is the market code - U is Oz (from memory 3 and 4 are the Erion codes - at least in the US).
The ninth digit is the validation check.
The tenth digit is the year code - Y is '00 (A started in 1980 and skipped I, O, Q and Z, went back to 1 in '01 then back to A in '10).
The eleventh digit is the plant code - M is Hammamatsu from memory.
The twelveth digit is the production year of that model - 0 for the '00 929, 1 for the '01 929, then back to 0 for the '02 954 being the first production year of that model.
The last five digits are the production number.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Love the 929... I looked at a yellow and black one a month ago. It had some odd plastic damage and I loved the original color. I didnt want to take on another bike painting prohect just yet as I had just finished the 6rr.

congrats.

·
Banned
234 Posts
I'd be a tad concerned as to why the badges have paint over them, accident damage? Seems a stupid thing to do, painting over limited edition badges?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts