Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone comment on the following items as far as their value for the asking price is concerned?...

Honda "Ergo" Seat - $499 Aust Dollars
- I am very interested in this item as i do alot of K's and its apparently more comfortable and makes the ride a bit more plush?... Can anyone confirm?...

Honda Airflow Screen - $275 Aust
- I will need this regardless but are the aftermarket cheaper ones as good of a fit etc?...

Honda Luggage System - $630 Aust Total
- I will need luggage but this is alot to pay for what looks to be a small set up?... and the tank bag itself looks near useless...

Honda Seat Cowl - $275 Aust
- I think this item is not too badly priced and it looks great so i will definatley buy one of these when i pick my bike up this week, but out of curiosity... Is there a cheaper alternative that is just as good fit etc?...

Do you think by purchasing genuine Honda accessories it will aid in keeping the resale price up?..

I pick my bike up friday and will order some accessories then, will really appreciate any thoughts on these items.

Cheers

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link, but for now im just focusing on a few items from the Honda Genuine accessories catalogue...

Cheers

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi Treay,

The only accessory listed I've actually seen in person is the seat cowling, and to be honest, unless the guy hadn't fitted it correctly it didnt seem that flush with the rear.

Luggage system - I've ordered the rear seat bag and it should be here Thursday - so I will let you know - it was expensive, but I hope it looks good!

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
resale value will not really be affected by any aftermarket parts you add on, unless you're creating a race bike, and even then you'll never get your money back on it... seat cowl go factory even if you do find another one.. windscreen i would get which ever one you like the best, seat, sargent or corbin makes a great seat i wasn't even aware that honda made a replacement seat.. luggage you can find anywhere...

·
Banned
236 Posts
I have the taller screen (works a treat) the seat cowl (finish and fit are perfect, no others that I have seen come close) and I also have the e-Cushion seat which is like heaven for your bum :) its a silly string gel seat and I did 6 hours riding 2 days ago and my arse didnt go numb or have any issues with the comfort (well worth the money spent).

hope that helps

Russ

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks heaps people, this is the kind of info im looking for.

Trickster: Im definatley interested to hear what you think of the rear lugage bag!, I would like to see that skinny tank bag in person too!

Idavis: I was just wondering if the Honda accessories will be like genuine Harley accessories etc, you get good resale etc if you always use the genuine gear, but i always expect to loose money, I just lost $7K off my old cbr in just over a year!

Deathrace: Thanks heaps, I will order the seat in a few weeks, I have already ordered the Cowl and will be ordering the screen when the bike turns up in 2 days or so as well.

Thanks for the info everyone, been a great help.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I also have the Honda rear seat cowl and love this part. It is adjustable with 4 screws on the underside and should fit any bike well if applied properly.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
the best resale you can get is when you pull them off and sell them seperately after you decide to upgrade to a new bike..

·
Registered
159 Posts
Howdy Guys...

Just popped to the parts department, the euro delivery is in at between 3-4 tomorrow afternoon (GMT+2) so I'll let you know Treay what I think of the rear set bag, in the mean time I've found a half decent res of the rear bag and tank bag :)

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I definatley like the look of the Tail bag, I just hope it fits tight and doesnt have any movement etc, not to mention the potential to scratch the seat cowl or under sides etc.

Great to see Honda offering so many genuine accessories though!

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I Was up at 3am this morning, Unable to sleep, couldnt stop thinking that today is the day i lose my old blade!... So i started work at 5am, finished at 6pm then drove directly from work to Dubbo NSW (300 Odd Kms) to meet the buyer and part with my baby!... Then i had a coffee and drove straight back home (arriving at 2am) just a bit upset by selling my old mate. So when i got back to town i stopped by the local bike shop and there it is!!!, my new blade!, I didnt specify a colour just told him to get me one ASAP and a Burgandy / Silver one turned up!!! , I didnt think i like the colour scheme til i seen it in the flesh, Now i have to try and get some sleep so i can pick it up at 9am in the morning and ride it!!!

After nearly 24hrs of no sleep, I am actually way to pumped up to even go to bed!, i feel like a kid on christmas EVE!!! HAHA

Will post some piccies when i have a chance (and some sleep) !!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers mate, I do love it, i can't beleive the difference, i need to adjust the gear shift to suit a little better but this bike is so smooth and great to ride. I find the engine a little strange but im sure i 'll get used to it. Brakes are awesome, clutch is smooth and very light, havent hit it too hard yet since it only has 185kms on it. Cant wait to though!! LOL.

I'll post some pics up in the 08 Blade pics topic.

Trisckster: How did you go with the tail bag buddy?... Do you think its worth splashing out on? or just buy an aftermarket setup?...

Cheers

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi Treay,

I've now got the rear bag - plus the carbon protectors etc... Its dark/raining here today, so not great for photos, however I've give you.. a brief overview of the bag :)

The bag itself is bigger than I first imagined, 19ltr is the storage capacity, and I reckon I will be able to get quite a lot in it. Its not too big to over power the back of the bike, as its shape follows the lines of the rear cowling.

Style wise its got a 'carbon' like pattern in the fabric, Its not leather, its some waxy plastic/nylon - not cheap, but not what I would call high quality. The zips are of a nice quality with Honda logos on the tags. It has a little pocket on the top (again zipped) which contains a pull out elasticated water proof cover, the one thing I was expecting was the 'Honda Racing' logo along the sides to be stitched on not printed on - a small thing. It comes with a shoulder strap, so you can carry it around while away from your bike.

It attaches to your bike, via two brackets which is screwed on either side to the underside by the back light - (At this point I would like to say I didn't fit it...the garage did it without me asking, so can't say for sure if any mods were needed - I doubt it.) Once the bracket is in place the bag itself it connected via four adjustable quick release clips (two on either side), now this is the real 'wow' moment for me... each side has a male connector and a female connector, so if your not using the bag the clips are tidied away by clipping each side together - you can hardly notice them! A little thing, but very clever I thought!

Also it comes with a sheet of 3M clear sticky back plastic, so you can cover either side of the fairing below the seat to stop it rubbing/scratching the paint, however the underside of the bag is quite soft so I doubt it would - but maybe Honda know something I don't.

Overall I've very pleased with it, so much so I'm now tempted to get the tank bag.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That helps heaps buddy thanks!...

One question, I am looking to make my own fender eliminator and install some LED lights under the tail for indicators to make the rear end look smoothed, Will these brackets stand out do you think?...

Thanks for the review mate, was well written.

Cheers

·
Registered
43 Posts
That helps heaps buddy thanks!...

One question, I am looking to make my own fender eliminator and install some LED lights under the tail for indicators to make the rear end look smoothed, Will these brackets stand out do you think?...

Thanks for the review mate, was well written.

Cheers
Chase up Brooksie you homo,
When you commin down for a ride again mate, i get the KTM out again ha ha ha ha ha.
Nah just joken, i'll get the RC51 out and take it easy on yah this time untill you get some bike and life insurance

Blakey

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A ride is definaltey on the cards Blakey, but i have to go to Tanami Desert for work from the 3rd of november, might try to get down there before hand.

I'll let ya know when im coming and i expect to see you take part in the Putty Road this time mate!! - We'll see you take it easy then haha.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 22 Posts