Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe in 'em 100%. Got mine today. A little sore in the left shoulder, but I'm a happy guy.

You guys/gals get one each year too?

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
I used to get one every year when I worked in the hospital. I haven't gotten one the past few years. I'm thinking about it.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Never got one, even when I could get them for free at the hospital I worked at.  The people I've known that did it end up sick anyways.  I don't catch the flu every year so...

(edit: when I'm old I probably will get them, flu is different for old timers.)

Not into anti-bacterial soap either, but for a different reason.  I want my body's immune system exposed to that crap on a daily basis so it's working good.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I just got over the flu.
It's been about 20 years since the last time I had the flu though so I usually don't get a flu shot.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Have an apointment to have mine at end of the month. Could get it for free a bit earlier as I am over 65 yrs of age, BUT sitting with mase of old people & waiting in a line-up is not my thing so I will pay like the average person & have done this since '95 (& earlier when under 65) bar the one time & am sure I picked up a cold sitting amonst the crowd of older people for one plus hour.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Got my first one last winter, even though I hadn't had the flu in about 6 years.  But, due to my seriously advanced age, I let the SO talk me into it.  Had no ill effects from the shot, and will probably get one this year also.  About all I have to do is recall just how miserable the flu makes one feel, and I'm all over the shot if it really works.

Edit: When I got the shot last year, I used the nurse's phone to call the SO at work and then had the nurse confirm that I had the shot and didn't cry.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Bacchus : Got my first one last winter, even though I hadn't had the flu in about 6 years.  But, due to my seriously advanced age, I let the SO talk me into it.  Had no ill effects from the shot, and will probably get one this year also.  About all I have to do is recall just how miserable the flu makes one feel, and I'm all over the shot if it really works.

Edit:  When I got the shot last year, I used the nurse's phone to call the SO at work and then had the nurse confirm that I had the shot and didn't cry.  
You need to have the s/o pick up some vinegar...to keep the sugar ants away from your CANDY ASS!

J

·
Registered
134 Posts
You guys realise that the flu vaccene is based on the flu from last year? Being a virus, the flu mutates each year as it travels around the world. So the vaccene will only protect you from last (and previous) years versions but you are still succeptable to the current mutations. But because everyone gets the vaccene the old ones are pretty rare.

That's why I don't get a flu shot, plus I haven't had a bad flu for over 10 years, so there's no need for me.

Ben.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I very rarely get sick. The last flu shot I got was the sickest year I've ever had. Bad bronchitis, strep, cold half the year, I was miserable. Haven't been sick for over 3 years. No shot please, no thanks.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Chain : Quote (fumbducker @ Oct. 10 2003, 1:25am)Seriously Bacctard [snip]
Bwahaha!

Fumb, you're mean this morning. Leave my little Baccy alone.
Now I get it...I always thought there was something a little deeper between you two...Well. 'Baccy' is it the uniform, the cuffs, or the nightstick...Bad boy bad boy whatcha gonna do...

J

·
Registered
682 Posts
Best example of someone that claimed he is never sick, was the ex-owner of the local gym a few yrs ago. That winter he was down with the flu & other sicknesses, still claimed that was just a fluke only went down with the flu next yr & again sick so many times that winter BUT then that is the lst time he has had to deal with the public, gym members coming in with coughs & blowing their noses ever few minutes, etc.
Oh yes he sold the gym before the next winter & went to work with his father at a gas/service station.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I skip it. I just don't get sick much, and I have seen people get sick from the shot. For me, why mess with what works, i.e. letting my body do it's thing?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts