Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Azn Dude said:
i bought the bike with it on there And i want to get rid of it. How hard is it to take off.
It depends on how the thing was installed. Do you have the original turn signals?

I'm about to remove mine when the new turn signals arrive. It shouldn't be too hard to do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If your integrated tail light is anything like mine (clear alternatives), it shouldn't be too difficult. Assuming its been wired right, just unplug the yellow wires and plug in your indicators into the usual plug/socket.

Oh, and unless you're installing LED indicators, you might want to get rid of any resistors that might be wired into the circuit - not sure what they'd do to a set of stock indicators...

Hope its as simple as I make it sound - I watched my friend install the integrated tail light onto my bike, but I haven't tried change it back...

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Unless it's one that has the integrator built into the taillight.

Get a test light and start checking wires, should be easy enough.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
It comes off just like the original. Remove the fairing and disconnect the wires or cut them if they're soldered.

If you just want to stop the turn signals, use the service manual to match wire color so you can disconnect the correct wires.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
MACI4LIFE said:
and your bike is a.....
look to the left under his name where it says bikes...:thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts