Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a four year absence, due to school, I am going to be getting back into track days and some street riding...hopefully more track days. My Last bike was a '92 F2 that I rode about 70/30 street to track days. As much as I would like to my track days are just track days and I dont have the time to get into any of actual racing (WERA, CCS, etc.). But before any of this can happen I need a ride...

I have it narrowed down between a 2002 RC51 and a 2003 600rr, both are track prepped with clean titles (I get more goodies more my money and its a bit easier for me to make the bike street-able). Both have around the same mileage and are in generally the same condition with equivalent mods. The 600rr that I am looking at is 2/3 the cost of the RC51.

My questions is this...

Do I want to make the jump to the bigger bike or stick with the 600. It has been about four years since I last rode consistently, but I am not as concerned about the larger bike on the street as I am on the track (that is where I push myself). I will be riding about 30% of the time on the track and I just dont know if I will have as much fun with the RC51 on the track as I know I can have with the 600rr. I know that I could get comfortable on the RC51 on the track but it will take more time, re-learning curve will be a little steeper....AAAAAHHHHHHHHH. This is driving me crazy if you couldnt tell....

Both I believe are within my ability and comfort level on the street... the question I think comes to the 30% (hopefully more) track riding that I will be doing.

Any insight is appreciated

·
Registered
41 Posts
well, one thing to keep in mind is that the 600 will be (slightly) easier on tires... I would also think that bodywork and replacement parts would be cheaper and more plentiful for the 600.

I've never ridden a 51, but the transition from the 600rr to the 954 was pretty easy for me, so I would assume that the 51 wouldn't be that bad.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
I've heard the 600RR make wicked track bikes - and that has been said by many people.

Nice to see your returning and good luck :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts