Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put down my deposit on an '04 Candy Black Cherry ABS model yesterday. I'll be using the money I got from selling the ST1300A. I'm planning on taking a week off of work to cruise up and down the Sierra Gold Country with my wife. We're planning on NOT planning the trip. Just go till we want to stop for the night. No hurries or worries, just an exploration expedition. All roads should be open by the middle of July so I'm not worried about snow. I can't wait. So in the mean time, I guess I'll just have to ride the snot out of the 929. :eyebrows:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
While filling up our machines w/ gas last weekend, some guy (with his wife on the back) comes tearing through the gas station, on his Goldwing, grinding hard parts. Then, a minivan backs out in front of the guy while he's at max lean. Stood that thing straight up while braking.

·
Registered
175 Posts
freq said:
While filling up our machines w/ gas last weekend, some guy (with his wife on the back) comes tearing through the gas station, on his Goldwing, grinding hard parts. Then, a minivan backs out in front of the guy while he's at max lean. Stood that thing straight up while braking.
They're quite capabale bikes..

I was following one once on a road that has two very flat 90-degree turns. I kept waiting for him to start braking, and waiting and waiting (I'd already started mine about twenty feet before). He get's to about 30 feet before the turn, grabs a TON of `em and just hucks it over at a good speed practically dragging the bags on the pavement. It took me five minutes to stop chuckling. :clap:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Congratz Nedro!...I have a friend with a '94 1500 that keeps egging me to buy one...I can barely stay ahead of him in the twisties(buys a new set of floorboards each spring...)I'm seriously looking at adding FJR to the stable this summer...local stealer has three on order with no buyers...I hope you and the wife enjoy! :thumb:

J

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Congrats nedro. Good to hear that the win will stay in the Honda family :)

fumbducker said:
I'm seriously looking at adding FJR to the stable this summer...local stealer has three on order with no buyers...I hope you and the wife enjoy! :thumb:

J
[governator]

Do it! Do it now!

[/governator]

I love my FJR. One up, two up, no bags, full bags... it does it all so well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
nedro said:
I just put down my deposit on an '04 Candy Black Cherry ABS model yesterday. I'll be using the money I got from selling the ST1300A. I'm planning on taking a week off of work to cruise up and down the Sierra Gold Country with my wife. We're planning on NOT planning the trip. Just go till we want to stop for the night. No hurries or worries, just an exploration expedition. All roads should be open by the middle of July so I'm not worried about snow. I can't wait. So in the mean time, I guess I'll just have to ride the snot out of the 929. :eyebrows:
Nedro

You are going to love the wing! I ride an 02' model myself and I can out corner most other bikes in it's class by a long shot! Of course I have a Works Performance custom prototye shock mounted below me as well. The shock is well worth looking into for the new Wing ........ Enjoy!

Reckless929

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Congrats nedro! :cheers: I would consider a Goldwing too, but since I am only 57 I'm not quite ready to leave the world of liter sportbikes. :D

J/K, if I had the $$ I would have a cruiser in the garage too.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks everyone!

Talked to the dealer yesterday. He said they moved up the delivery date. He thinks it will be in the first week of July or possibly the last couple of days in June. :highclap:

"Nedro

You are going to love the wing! I ride an 02' model myself and I can out corner most other bikes in it's class by a long shot! Of course I have a Works Performance custom prototye shock mounted below me as well. The shock is well worth looking into for the new Wing ........ Enjoy!

Reckless929"

How does the rear shock work considering that the bike has air actuated ride hight?
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that you can replace the stock shock. Just kind of supprised, that's all.
Did you get new front springs from them also?
I have a feeling the GL will see the track. :eek:

·
Registered
46 Posts
nedro said:
Thanks everyone!

Talked to the dealer yesterday. He said they moved up the delivery date. He thinks it will be in the first week of July or possibly the last couple of days in June. :highclap:

"Nedro

Reckless929"

How does the rear shock work considering that the bike has air actuated ride hight?
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that you can replace the stock shock. Just kind of supprised, that's all.
Did you get new front springs from them also?
I have a feeling the GL will see the track. :eek:
Actually the GL1800 has a hydraulic pre-load assembly, with the Works shock they used the stock preload assembly incorporated into the custom shock.
I still run the preload at the max setting. When I ride alone the bike handles extremely well like a sportbike on steroids but when riding two up and pulling a trailer I occaisonaly bottom out on big bumps, this happened even more with the stock shock. Don't get me wrong the Wing's suspension is good to begin with but I am always tring to get the most out of my bikes. I have not done anything to the forks as yet, I did ask Dan Kyle if he could do anything for me on the forks and he indicated he was not interested in trying that one!

I drag the pegs a bit but for the most part when riding solo I can get the bike turned and back up without dragging many parts.

Reckless929

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
RPinOZ said:
I was thinking the same thing. Having had roadrash once makes me wince when I see shots like that.
Yep nothing like a plastic scrubbing brush ripping through rashed & gashed skin and flesh to re-inforce the need to wear FULL gear.

ESPECIALLY if you have your S.O. on the back, imagine picking yourself up off the ground after an off, you're missing a whole lot of skin, then looking for your S.O. and she/he is even worse off, how much of an arsehole are you going to feel like long after the pain has gone.

If ANYONE throws a leg over my bike with only a t-shirt and jeans on then engine stays OFF!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts