Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Well it's either that or explain how to test a charging system for the 15th time in a month ;)

·
Registered
927 Posts
Quite before the storm? Riding weather is almost here. I'll be the first to admit, after not seeing too many new threads I stopped checking as often :(

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Chirp...Chirp...Chirp...(crickets)
Hey Setenta, long time no hear, as soon as spring arrives things should pick back up. Maybe we can all get that "your bike with"...picture game going again. There's some new folks on here that I'm sure would get involved.

·
Registered
21,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just admit it you miss the Ox!!!!!! Give us a hug big boy!!!!! :rotfl::rotfl:
Big man "hugs":eyebrows:

Chirp...Chirp...Chirp...(crickets)
Hey Setenta, long time no hear, as soon as spring arrives things should pick back up. Maybe we can all get that "your bike with"...picture game going again. There's some new folks on here that I'm sure would get involved.
Fj been posting all along, I know its a bike site but surely we aint only interested in bikes and why cant the site show our intellect and non secular approach?

·
Super Moderator
14,700 Posts
Sure has gotten a tad quiet around her thats for sure but I still manage to have a gander mostly twice a day.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
move along - nothing to see here.......... ;)

just wait until spring arives and all the season riders get amongst it.

There will be some new riders for us to educate, assist and bully as soon as it warms up a bit ;)

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
We all missed the Ox, BTW where has GS been?

Thx friend----It appears everyone got a little busy elsewhere like myself, I am sure Godsmacked will be out and about soon, if not when the weather gets nice I will drive the three hours from my place and drag her sorry butt back!!!!!!!:evilaugh:

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I think its because there's a limited range of topics on this forum. For people like us, who've been around for a few years recognize that its always the same handful of topics being discussed as hinted at earlier (ref charging) so why keep reading the same type of threads? The reason I stopped being as active was because I was sick of reading/explaining what the HTEV was, no one new ever does a thorough search and ends up clogging up the front page with the same question.

I'd love it if people would post up their projects, diy or otherwise creative, bike related subjects.

-end rant-

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I think its because there's a limited range of topics on this forum. For people like us, who've been around for a few years recognize that its always the same handful of topics being discussed as hinted at earlier (ref charging) so why keep reading the same type of threads? The reason I stopped being as active was because I was sick of reading/explaining what the HTEV was, no one new ever does a thorough search and ends up clogging up the front page with the same question.

I'd love it if people would post up their projects, diy or otherwise creative, bike related subjects.

-end rant-
:thumb:---do you recommend using a battery tender or taking it out and charging it during the winter months:rotfl:
---to give people credit I am sure they don't realize you can search the site for assistance instead of starting a new thread that has been repeated over and over, people are coming onto the .org from different points in their motorcycling experience, hence the wide range of experience or inexperience riding and/or servicing bikes:D

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
We all missed the Ox, BTW where has GS been?
On FB

Sure has gotten a tad quiet around her thats for sure but I still manage to have a gander mostly twice a day.
Same here.

Repetition is inevitable. Sometimes new members are so new to forums (like I was) that they don't even really understand how decent the search feature is. I mean the advanced search. That's the only effective way to find specific info. imo.

Would you guys agree, women usually add an element of interest?
After not seeing any posts recently from Gs, Fooffa, and some of our other female members, I PMed them to ask why. Turns out, they aren't fond of the chauvinistic dumass remarks they've endured on this site. There's only a couple offenders, and they probably don't even have a clue.
I enjoy input from the fairer gender. But they feel like it's not worth putting up with the remarks, so they loose interest and stay away.
Shocking.
And sad.

We used to have a lot of off-topic AND on-topic discussions. Lots of input and ideas and opinions.
Not so much lately...

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
On FB

Would you guys agree, women usually add an element of interest?
After not seeing any posts recently from Gs, Fooffa, and some of our other female members, I PMed them to ask why. Turns out, they aren't fond of the chauvinistic dumass remarks they've endured on this site. There's only a couple offenders, and they probably don't even have a clue.
I enjoy input from the fairer gender. But they feel like it's not worth putting up with the remarks, so they loose interest and stay away.
Shocking.
And sad.
:plus1:---I asked the same thing a while back to one of our fairer members and got the same response in relation to ignoramous chauvinistic remarks, and it is indeed sad, I am not on FB so I truly miss out on a few of the members that have moved on. This is the only forum I am on but I still feel the majority of the people on here are good, there are a few that pop up from time to time, piss people off and go elsewhere to piss off more people--:thumbd:
I too have had a couple of not so nice exchanges with people on here but it ends as fast as it starts normally.
Hopefully the fine ladies will return soon, at least to say hello, maybe they need us as much as we need them--hee hee

-----and I really don't want to see JonDog wearing a pink sports bra!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
TBH I find the search engine crap, a newbie would find it worse. I know its a bike forum but fgs why arnt there other topics covered too, surely not everyone is that insular :idunno:

It certainly isn't the best but I haven't had too many issues finding my way around, I agree that everyone is likely not that insular, soooooooowhat do you want to chat about.........................:think:............................:think:........................:think::rotfl:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts