Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
They suck.

I had one which I bought for my 954 (one among many, I know the jokes are coming).

The carbon fiber finish was uneven and the metal ends of the canister were pock marked as if the material they used was substandard. They use a very flimsy little pop can thin piece of aluminum for their emblem - and at least on my can, it didn't sit down flush on the surface of the muffler which caused you to snag it when polishing. Finally, the muffler clamp was paper thin, rough and unfinished metal that you had to bend yourself so as to wrap it around the canister.

I would highly recommend something else. pipecity.com has a nice variety of choices at reasonable prices (which all include shipping). You might consider an aluminum M4 bolt-on for your 954. Under three bills and very well put together (yeah, I had one of those too).

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Chain said:
They suck.

I had one which I bought for my 954 (one among many, I know the jokes are coming).

The carbon fiber finish was uneven and the metal ends of the canister were pock marked as if the material they used was substandard. They use a very flimsy little pop can thin piece of aluminum for their emblem - and at least on my can, it didn't sit down flush on the surface of the muffler which caused you to snag it when polishing. Finally, the muffler clamp was paper thin, rough and unfinished metal that you had to bend yourself so as to wrap it around the canister.

I would highly recommend something else. pipecity.com has a nice variety of choices at reasonable prices (which all include shipping). You might consider an aluminum M4 bolt-on for your 954. Under three bills and very well put together (yeah, I had one of those too).

:pointup:

Trust me, he's an expert on exhausts!!

I'd go for one of these,

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
soon2b954 said:
:pointup:

Trust me, he's an expert on exhausts!!

I'd go for one of these,
Too much $$$ for a noisemaker, although they look sweet.

This is the one I want. http://micron-exhaust.com/store/photos.htm

It's the anodized all black one. Anyone know where to get a good price on one of these? I couldn't find one on pipecity.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
They don't carry Micron.

Go back to Pipe City, type in your bike, and the website will show you all the different available products for your 954.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
slap an F1 on there...you can pick one of those up for like 20 bucks at motorcycle acc warehouse. :) JK BTW....I have heard that those run up with F1, and Vance and Hines as far as HP gains go. (your HP will drop with these pipes) I had a F3 with an SS2r..i was cluless back in the day...newbie man! :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Chain said:
They don't carry Micron.

Go back to Pipe City, type in your bike, and the website will show you all the different available products for your 954.
Just out of curiousity, did you ever put a muzzy on your fiddy-four?

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Mangina said:
Just out of curiousity, did you ever put a muzzy on your fiddy-four?
Oh god. I hate to admit this, but I had the following on my 954 at one time or another: OEM, Giannelli c/f, Akrapovic c/f, M4 alum, and Yoshi ti (my favorite of the bunch and viewable on the second and third pages of my Gallery).

LINK

I've seen and handled some Muzzy stuff and they're pretty high quality IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts