Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, bought my first blade three weeks ago, a blue 954, fabulous machine and was wondering has anyone fitted Gilles Variobars to a 954 ? or any other raised clip on type bars ?
Greg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Saw a 954 a couple of weeks a go that the owner had installed adjustable Apex bars onto. These allowed her to alter the angle of her bars. They weren't raised at the fork mounting but were higher at the ends as they were nearly horizontal rather than sloping down as standard. Said she'd done a 3000 mile tour with no issues thanks to them.

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Hiya Greg.

Can't help with Gillies, but other Blade owners speak very highly of Helibars: http://www.helibars.co.uk/

Before you go to that trouble though, and without knowing your sportsbike history, are you sure you need them? With having the Blade only a couple of weeks as you say, I wonder if giving yourself time to adapt to the new riding position might be advantageous?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that, unfortunately like some many other firms they do not cover the '03 Blade, I have Gilles on my Aprilia RSVR , I was going to try them on the Honda but the clamp size is different and so far I've been unable to find any, new or used.
Greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts