Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I Went up to Mt Baldy and rode on glendora ridge road on sunday. It was a fun ride . I was a little surprised not to see that many riders up there though. It was about 930am. but anyways this was my third time up there and almost had my first mishap. I was coming around a turn and hit some loose dirt and felt my front tire slide and then i brought the bike straight up and it got traction again. My question is...Is that the right thing to do?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
It obviously saved your a$$ the only thing is on that road if you are going back down to the bottom and you stand it up in the middle of a turn theres the chance you will go over the cliff and once you hit the dirt before the burm, ouch... I actually went down up there on 07-07-2007 bummer:crap: same way hit some dirt trying to stick to the right side of the road because theres no charity stripe,Little bit too hot lost traction stood the bike up and ended up locking the brakes trying not to go over the cliff hit the dirt and ate it, i was wearing a Joe rocket Kevlar jacket that shredded trhu, raspberry forearm my alpine star boots save my toes tho, but my dummass was wearing jeans and yup scraped my knee down to the kneecap had a laceration the size of a silver dollar down to the bone, the good thing is that fore some broken fairings and used frame sliders i rode it home to the wifes suprise...
as far as if is the right thing to do? in a situation like those its more of instinctive reaction than a real processed reaction i wish i was as lucky as you were.
that is a bitching road tho, and glendora mountain road is even better....

Shiny side up man!:thumb:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
GMR is the shittsnishh really cool road but i agree with you it's verry technical and demanding.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
glad it turned out ok for you.. in that situation just don't panic.. have faith in the ability of your tires to get grip.. it prolly wasn't sliding as much as you thought it was.. i'll feel mine start to break loose, but regrip.. the key is to remain steady on the throttle... don't grab a bunch of brakes when you're in a turn and don't grab a bunch of throttle either.. look through the turn and maintain throttle position.. it will hold the line..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts