Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm considering getting a new pair of Alpinestars gloves. GP Pros or similar model. I currently use Teknic Violator gloves, size XL, which I never figured out because my hands aren't that large.

Question: Has anyone owned both types of gloves and if so, are the two manufacturers similar in sizes?
i.e. is an Alpinestars size XL the same as a Teknic size XL?

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
I have an old school pair of Violators that I got back in 2000, they still look almost new. Yes I wear them all the time and infact they have well over 40,000 street miles on them. I have found that the fingers on "most" Alpinestars are narrow by comparison. I tried on a set of GP-Plus gloves in a large(which my Teknic's are) and they were really tight. Maybe after break-in they loosen up a bit but they were too uncomfortable to want to buy them and find out. So I still use my Teknic's.

Dano

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I'm pretty sure that alpinestar gloves are marketed for the Bacchuses of the work so they feel better about themselves.

Scene: Nightclub

Bacchus: "Hey baby, you realise that I wear XL gloves...." :eyebrows:

Lass: :rolleyes: "Get lost!!"

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
I have a set of Teknic Violators in Large, to give you an idea of how small they run. Normally I'm wearing a small or a medium at best.

I got 'em new for $50.00 at a dealership, and wondered at my good luck. They're really great gloves, flexible, well made, kangaroo plams, padded kevlar knucks. How did they do that? They're like $160.00 list.

Maybe because the label in them says: "Samples, Not For Sale?"

:rotfl:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts