Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone wondered if we might see a market full of cheap bikes being sold by those desperate for funds due to lost wages/income of the virus lockdown?

Of course no one wants to see our fellow enthusiasts experience hard times, but I do have a feeling that we'll be seeing some good bargains very soon both on eBay and other sites. Makes for quite a predicament really. Snaffling such bargains could be viewed as preying on the unfortunate; although on the other hand purchasers could be seen as helping them out.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm all over it like a vulture :)

I think your right though many might see this as taking advantage but like you said if we're going out of our way to buy something we wouldn't normally it could be seen as help.

I've had my wife old Twingo GT up for sale and got nothing but low low offers not worth it in my option so took it down.

Many people won't be in the position to turn down low offers as purse strings become tight.

I'll be low balling eBay best offers for the next 2 weeks :p

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm all over it like a vulture :)

I'll be low balling eBay best offers for the next 2 weeks :p
Damn! We might be battling each other! I have dibs on any Black/Yellow '96 900, or a nice VFR/RVF400.

You can have Hornets, V-Stroms etc!!:ROFLMAO:

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,881 Posts
I've been on a V-4 kick recently. I would LOVE to own a relatively clean 1990 VFR750F. Best look of the older Viffer, besides the 86 750F. I want the gear driven cam sound, smooth power all across the range, single sided swing arm, and I think it would complement Red Rocker nicely. Alas, I too, am without capital to make such a purchase. But, it is nice to dream about things..........right?

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,881 Posts
Nice photo, Ian. You're effectively saying that the 1990s would be the pick of the crop? (Just need to know for my purchasing memory banks!!) (y)
Not necessarily Nigel, just my personal favorite. For me, the 1990 bike was the first "second generation" of the original 86 VFR750 (the latter 80's bikes were tariffed to 700cc), and this bike was the coolest look IMO.

The 94 saw the front end get the F3 treatment with better brakes, but the fairing design and overall sleekness of the bike faded by then, becoming more bulbous and heavy looking.

I really wish I could get one. I'll keep daydreaming........

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am somewhat partial to the 1996 VFR because the styling had just a touch of NR750 in it, especially the tail section. No matter how dire things get, there won’t be any bargain NR’s out there.?

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
There was a really clean early 800 at my local dealer when I was having the blade MOT'd. it was strong money at £2000 but super clean. It's now gone, but they have a nice Blade for Nigel, his favourite colour scheme as well!

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is a nice looking specimen! I ALWAYS pay particular attention to the swingarm attachment and shocker area for cleanliness. This sure passes the test. A bit high in the mileage, but obviously not unreasonable for its age. Colour could grow on me - I think it's a bit 'out there' for my introverted self. :D However, IF it was black and yellow I would probably have paid deposit by now!! Cheers for the link @Gunk (y).

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
I’d rather some miles on it, at least you know it’s been used. Mine has 40,000 miles on it but you would never know.

With these bikes IMO the number one rule is to buy on condition, mileage or number of owners doesn’t really matter.
Totally agree, these bikes are Honda afterall (y)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts