Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some GN-4 and did my oil change tonight... I used 3 liters of the new oil I bought and a rest of some old one I still had...so far so good. I looked at the bottle and saw 20W50 on the new bottle and 10W40 an the old one

I thought NG-4 was NG-4...that's it??? did they change the grade lately or it has alway been like that??? If not, is there any problem with the 20W50

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah.... I had like 0.7 liters of 10W40 and 3 of the 20W50.  

Thanks G!

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Yep, it comes in two grades. One local dealer only carries the 20w-50 grade and another only carries 10w-40...go figure. I don't think mixing should be a problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
10W40 is the one Honda recommends for everyday use I think... 20W50 stands up to hotter temperatures.

I don't think you have anything to worry about by mixing them (especially being the same brand)... you probably just have a new oil: 19.78W49.3349 ...

·
Registered
441 Posts
HardcoreCBR : 10W40 is the one Honda recommends for everyday use I think... 20W50 stands up to hotter temperatures.

I don't think you have anything to worry about by mixing them (especially being the same brand)... you probably just have a new oil: 19.78W49.3349 ...
HardcoreCBR is exactly right. It won't hurt at all. Even most synthetics are compatible with mixing with regular oil.

·
Registered
154 Posts
How about mixing the SF, SG and SJ's? On my last change I noticed that a couple of my bottles of GN4 were SF/SG and a couple were SJ.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts