Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Follow-up post.

That has to be the most jaw dropping thing I've seen in ages. I literally cannot believe my eyes. Perhaps I'm a bit green when it comes to karts (okay, so I'm plenty green), but the acceleration that sonofabitch possesses is nothing short of astonishing!

Surely that's some sort of one-off creation, right? They don't have karts that are that fast in competition, surely. Right?

And how about the guy's driving abilities!?

This might be my all time favorite FB post. Good find!

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
They sure do. A buddy of mine in CO used to own one. Indy drivers actually use them for practice sometimes, to get familiar with the track or whatever. Some of them will turn better times in those things then the actual Indy cars

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I would think that it would be a very fun and relatively inexpensive hobby. Looking at that rickety thing, I'd figure under $3K, and 'frische gummi' ('fresh rubber') every now and then would be enough to get started. Hmm...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
2OHOH2954 : I would think that it would be a very fun and relatively inexpensive hobby. Looking at that rickety thing, I'd figure under $3K, and 'frische gummi' ('fresh rubber') every now and then would be enough to get started. Hmm...
I think they cost quite a bit more than that

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Mattress : I think they cost quite a bit more than that
Even with a liter engine (say, $1500-2000), a base kart, and some work, I think under $3K is possible. Must not think about karts, must not think about karts, must not think about karts...

http://search.ebay.com/ws....le=kart

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
That thing is nutz. (They had a link to that video over on Rotoslush about two months ago.) I saved the video to my hard drive and watch it often!

I'd like to see a similar kart with a 600cc MC engine; I think it would be a little less violent a ride and easier on the tires. (Did you see the obliterated rears? Wow&#33

Does it look like fun? HELL YEAH!

You can run those karts at SCCA Solo II autocross events. With three regional SCCA clubs based within an hour of my house, there are events most warm-weather weekends near me). I'm giving some thought to building one...it looks like a LOT of fun!

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
TAZ : I'd like to see a similar kart with a 600cc MC engine; I think it would be a little less violent a ride and easier on the tires. (Did you see the obliterated rears? Wow&#33
@ the 'violent ride' comment.

Great points though. I'd hazard a guess the driver was a professional rally racer with considerable skills and experience. Anyone with less mastery (and, frankly, balls) wouldn't be able to get that sort of performance out of that kart. Either that, or they'd miss a corner or otherwise kill themselves.

I'd love to try it in a huge, wide open parking lot so I couldn't hit anything.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Another thought... wouldn't it be hilarious to see a daredevil take that GSX-R1100 powered beastie out onto public streets just to embarrass the local constabulary?

Hrmm, nothing like playin' games with my posse on my day off. I DO have a dark tinted shield on my Arai after all....

OH, the possibilities!

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Saving the vid right now...but I just happen to have an extra 929 engine and full electronics laying around....hmmm....

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
luvtolean : Saving the vid right now...but I just happen to have an extra 929 engine and full electronics laying around....hmmm....
The Gix 11 motor is air/oil cooled. How would you manage the water cooling necessary for the 929 mill?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts