Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to head to the local Yamaha shop to pick up a pair of good gloves today. It's a toss up between Icon Merc's and Alpinestars SP-1. My wife's uncle is the parts manager there, so the price is going to be right:freebird:
When I get back from the shop/ride, I'll post up which glove I chose and first ride impressions.

Isn't the suspense just killing you??:eyebrows:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I picked up the Icon Merc gloves and went for a 45 minute ride to and from a cool little lake near-by. They felt really comfortable and have some pretty thick padding in the high abrasion areas of the palm. I have a 2-inch scar on my right palm that gets irritated from the grips, but I didn't notice it with these gloves. The only thing that makes me a bit nervous is that there are a lot of seams. We'll see how long these last...:huh:

·
Registered
574 Posts
A little late but just lettin you know my friend had those and crashed low speed +/-30mph and they tore up immediately. His hands were ok I guess due to speed but he said he'll never buy anything ICON again, including the jacket he had on. ICON is about fashion not protection.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Lite, even if it is late, I appreciate the info. :thumb:

Unfortunately I already picked up the gloves, but next pair will probably be A*s or something of the like. So far I do like the fit and "feeling" of protection, but like I said earlier, the amount of seams are a bummer. They probably will tear up sooner than later.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
if you're in with the parts manager I bet he'd take them back. Go with the A*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts