Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Pretty Good
But the Six Cylinders are Like Barges Next To A Four. The Older Fours Are Much Sportier. I Got Rid of my Six To Get Back on a Four. (85 Aspencade)
I Would Guess I Could have Run Off and Left Those Guys
I guess I'm not totally in understanding, are you saying your '85 would keep up with an 1800 thru the twisty's? And if I read right you would leave 3 Triumph Sprint ST 1050's and a Triumph Tiger 1050 in the dust with an '85 Goldwing? Sorry, but I'd have to see that!

Guess I haven't put many miles on a older Goldwing, maybe I should. I know that my wing certainly has impressed me with the handling and power. I not sure why honda put gears on the thing, seems I can lug it all the way down to 25 mph in 6th(OD) and still have enough torque to out accelerate most of the cages out there. And scraping hard parts is not hard, but more of a challenge than my '82 Maxim 550. I suspect tires and suspension have a lot to do with this. You sold a newer 6 cylinder Goldwing to go back to a older '85 Goldwing because it handles better? Clarification please.:idunno:
:popcorn:

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 02 gl 1800 is my first choice for long distance rides.
Read any moto mag article and the reviews all say its the " sport bike " of the touring class .

I drag peg with the yellow beast all the time , use it for 500+ mile days and walk away with a smile and no pain from being on the bike all day .

Shorter rides , or more sport oriented events I ride the 919.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I hired a GoldWing to do the National Rally here in the UK a couple of years ago. I only got it as my wife refused to go on the back of my VFR. I thought I was going to hate it but I loved it. The engine sounds a bit like a 911. It scraped quite a few times which I was expecting bit other that that it was superb.:thumb:

·
Registered
339 Posts
My wife and I ride a GL1800 for long weekends. Great ride. Lots of fun for a big bike. Takes some getting used to switching from the 919 to the GL...the GL weighs twice the 919. But it's a great bike for 1000 mile days.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The 1800 will do the 1/4 mile in the 11's without any mods
The 1800 is also faster than a Lambourghini from 0 to 60
The 1800 will wheelie till the back of the bike scrapes the ground

Those are some interesting points to ponder

21 - 25 of 25 Posts