Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. From St. Louis, MO. USA
Returning rider after a long layoff. Previously owned a 1982 Kawasaki KZ650, 79 Honda CB650 and a 1986 Kawasaki Ninja 600. Stopped riding in the early 90's but have always admired the Honda CBR bikes. So fast forward to 2019 and I pulled the trigger on a 2001 Honda CBR929RR Fireblade.

This bike was mothballed at a performance shop in California for 15 years, and only had 418 miles on it back in Feb of 2016. It was finally sold to a private owner and it changed hands a few times, but still only had 5,780 miles when I picked it up in November. I've had two mechanics look at it and they both were floored by the condition of this bike. It literally looks like a 2-year-old bike.

The bike currently has a few upgrades.
GPR Stabilizer
Power Commander V
Corbin Seat (best upgrade imo)
Exhaust
Brake/Clutch levers
Gear Indicator
Dark Windshield
Fender Eliminator

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nice and great bike you have there.

I had a 929 back in 2001 when i last ride a bike before i also bought a bike after long time not riding. This time i went for a 954.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice and great bike you have there.

I had a 929 back in 2001 when i last ride a bike before i also bought a bike after long time not riding. This time i went for a 954.
I was looking for a 929 or a 954. I didn't want to spend much, so I was looking at older bikes, but I wanted Fuel injection, so I didn't go back any further than 2000. To get one with such low mileage and only pay $3,500 usd, I couldn't pass it up.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was looking for a 929 or a 954. I didn't want to spend much, so I was looking at older bikes, but I wanted Fuel injection, so I didn't go back any further than 2000. To get one with such low mileage and only pay $3,500 usd, I couldn't pass it up.
Yeah i had same thoughts with to expensive.
I got my 954 for 2600 Dollar and has gone 2920 miles or 4700 km.
It had Öhlins in front fork and complete Nitron back shock with Acrapovic and some more.
I will use mainly for Track Days.
Bikes never go under around 2400 Dollar here so i get my money back when i sell if i don´t crash :)

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
good looking bike. I am beginning the process of restoring my 954 and the color of your bike is exactly what I am going to go with. I think the black and yellow bikes look really sharp.
look forward to some good conversations with you
jim

·
Registered
27 Posts
What a great bike you have there, nice and clean. It looks less than 2 years indeed. Welcome back to the world of riding. Congratulations.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,654 Posts
Hey all. From St. Louis, MO. USA
Returning rider after a long layoff. Previously owned a 1982 Kawasaki KZ650, 79 Honda CB650 and a 1986 Kawasaki Ninja 600. Stopped riding in the early 90's but have always admired the Honda CBR bikes. So fast forward to 2019 and I pulled the trigger on a 2001 Honda CBR929RR Fireblade.

This bike was mothballed at a performance shop in California for 15 years, and only had 418 miles on it back in Feb of 2016. It was finally sold to a private owner and it changed hands a few times, but still only had 5,780 miles when I picked it up in November. I've had two mechanics look at it and they both were floored by the condition of this bike. It literally looks like a 2-year-old bike.

The bike currently has a few upgrades.
GPR Stabilizer
Power Commander V
Corbin Seat (best upgrade imo)
Exhaust
Brake/Clutch levers
Gear Indicator
Dark Windshield
Fender Eliminator

:welcome: aboard matey

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Hi and welcome!

I'm also a lover a black and yellow. I have the 954, also one previous owner low mileage. There's plenty of these opportunities around; I think it's always a matter of 'right time, right place'.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts