Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I am REAL tempted on a big screen and think MAYBE prices have come down enough. Any recommendations on a 42"ish plasma (I don't like LCDs picture). I want cheap but reliable. About in this range ($1399) or less. I would mainly use it for cable and DVDs though there is a small chance of a game console. Oh and the locals broadcast in HD but I am tucked into the mountain a bit so reception may not be possible and watching Survivor XXXIII :puke:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Bestbuy? black friday is coming up. I want plasma but the only place I can put one is above the mantle. Granted I rarely fire up the fireplace... the option would be nice to have.

I am looking for LCD myself.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bestbuy? black friday is coming up. I want plasma but the only place I can put one is above the mantle. Granted I rarely fire up the fireplace... the option would be nice to have.

I am looking for LCD myself.
The thought of packing in with a hoard of people :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: They did have a 42" advertised for $999 though... tempting but all those people in a small area :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: not sure I could take it :down:

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
J&R has the that panny for 1299 right now...plus a little shipping. It's a very good panel. If you don't get to Bestbuy by 1-2am and stand in line till it opens at 5am, you probably won't get that tv as theirs a very low # at that price.

J&R has a good rep.

Edit: See that's a bit higher then the zon price now that they have free shipping on it.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Is there an issue buying via mail on something that big? I seem to remember an issue on warranties...
The issue with warranty is that you can't just take it back to the store to get it replaced, you would likely need to ship it back (in original packaging I'm sure) to get it fixed or replaced.

Take the good on line price and go negotiate with a local retailer, they might give it to you.

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
I cant remember where, but someone (amazon maybe?) is having that 42" Pana. plasma for 999$ on Black Friday.

Otherwise go check out Costco, I believe there is a coupon for it this week that makes it pretty close to that price.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Or wait until January when the prices drop 20% on all electronics. Or does that just happen when I buy something?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
The thought of packing in with a hoard of people :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: They did have a 42" advertised for $999 though... tempting but all those people in a small area :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: not sure I could take it :down:
Go see it on a weekday afternoon or early morning, around 10:15. Then buy on the website to pick up at the store at your convenience.:thumb:

Also, the difference between LCD and plasma might be defused by reflection of windows and such. If you are planing on setting the TV on a room with a lot of window, you might consider LCD instead of plasma. Reflections on plasma a pretty bad. My LCD is on a room with 40' of windows and there are no reflections at all. :smilebig:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts