Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going out to work today i got onto the Bedford bypass and noticed a biker the other side of the carriage way with hazzards flashing, so i did the 8 miles round trip to check on him " he was fine RAC where there within 10 mins"

The guy seamed somewhat surprised i had stopped after doing the round trip!

I'm not alone doing this am i ? I would do this every time, the thought of being stranded with no one stopping would do my head.

I would hope that we would all do this! If it had been a 30 mile round tri i would have still done it.........

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well done. There is not enough of this attitude in people.
A few years ago i went past a bike on the side of the road, no one around i kept going. About 5 k's down the road i passed a guy with a small fuel container walking along the road. Turned around and gave him a lift back to his bike. Just hope if i was in a similar situation someone would do the same.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two right mate, i would have done the same.
Trust me mate if i was to pass you carrying a can i would give you a lift every time.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
well I can say I would stop and help> I believe in good deed is own reward and check out my post in hacked off section to read what happened to me.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
A couple of years ago I was driving hope from work at about 1am, when I came to a bloke standing at the side of the road clearly in some discomfort. He had come off his bike due to clumps of mud on the road. I had to turn round and come back, but was first on the scene. The road was pretty quiet at that time of night.

Anyway, the ambulance came and took him away, etc etc.

Last summer, I joined my local IAM group for some training. On my first ride out, I got chatting to a guy. He asked if we had met before, I said no I didn't think so. It turned out he's an observer, and he offered to give me an observed ride which I took him up on. As we rode around, his question was playing on my mind - had we met before?? Then it dawned on me - he was the guy at the side of the road! Needless to say he bought me a drink when we got to the pub at the end of the ride!

As said before, I would hope that someone would stop for me if I needed help. I have stopped for a few accidents, but this has been the only motorcycle one to date. I hope not to find any more of course!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yes I would for sure, I have helped my brothers (bikers) and they have also helped me :thumb:

Last time was a guy called Steve from North Wales who saw me on the side of the road, he stopped and I explained how I forgot to tighten up the oil cap and it has now left the bike. This resulted in oil over me and the bike, including the rear tyre :eek: He looked on the road for some miles to recover it, eventually A&D Motorcycles in Denbigh sorted one out for me. Steve then rode to the shop and returned with the cap. Top bloke :cool: I was obviously very embbarressed by my over sight :O

........... Hoody :cool:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Fair play to one and all, good deeds go a long long way and i'm a firm believer in the big wheel of karma. You might not think it with the way things are today but good things happen to good people.

Was in France 4yrs ago 2 up and fully loaded on the blackbird and came off at a roundabout with oil spillage near Biaritz. A couple of sunday cyclists helped me and the bird up and to the side of the road, before i knew it a guy had pulled up on a blade streetfighter and brought me to his bike shop where he bandaged up the left wing mirror. The fella couldn't have been anymore obliging....merci.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its all good, there is some good will left in the world. If anyone sees a yellow blade by the side of the road "its me" please stop and help.

I must admit i am pleased i have an older blade as i guess the guy i stop for was having electrical issues.

Let the good will continue and never pass a biker by the side of the road unless you are on fire.:soapbox:

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Going out to work today i got onto the Bedford bypass and noticed a biker the other side of the carriage way with hazzards flashing, so i did the 8 miles round trip to check on him " he was fine RAC where there within 10 mins"

The guy seamed somewhat surprised i had stopped after doing the round trip!

I'm not alone doing this am i ? I would do this every time, the thought of being stranded with no one stopping would do my head.

I would hope that we would all do this! If it had been a 30 mile round tri i would have still done it.........
Hazard lights? Never heard of them on a bike before.
I stop all the time but it does annoy me to find it's just some addict that's stopped for a smoke :)

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
I was going to work the other morning and went on to the 2 lane slip road down to the motorway. There was a bloke on a bike stopped about half way down on the hard shoulder so I pulled in to make sure he was ok.. He was, he was adjusting his gloves before getting on to the motorway, but he thanked me anyway and we both went on our way..

When the fuel pump on my 400 started messing about the day I started riding it, my bike and I were stranded at the side of the road.. The only person to stop and help me was a guy who had been moving his own bikes in his daughters van.. My bike was rolled into the van, strapped down and the both of us were taken back to our house.. The guy didn't want anything for helping me.. Top bloke as far as I'm concerned :thumb:

·
Registered
20,980 Posts
Hazard lights? Never heard of them on a bike before.
I stop all the time but it does annoy me to find it's just some addict that's stopped for a smoke :)
:plus1: Hazard lights are all the rage now butty, I've got them on my 07.

Anyone with half a bit of decency will always stop, as for the ones that don't....well I think we all know what we think of THOSE type of people:hmm:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts