i'm searching a good leather jacket
i have a budget of 300 $
what do you recommend brand/model
thanks

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
I like Alpinestars and Dianese.
Best to go to a store and try some on so you get an idea of fit.
You can get a good leather jacket in that price range, but might take some research.
Check out RidersDiscount, STG, MotoSport, they all give our forum members a little more of a discount.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm a huge fan of Shift, and Alpinestars. I dont think you can beat the quality of either. They have both saved my ass more than once

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not sure how good you are with searching Craigslist and Ebay but I spent a whole day searching craigslist for every leather jacket search term I could think of and a MINT Shift Vertex leather jacket popped up for $160. This was $500 when new so I feel like I got a good deal. He ended up having another Joe Rocket mesh jacket he sold to me for $60 as well as some gloves. Its this same one: Shift Vertex Jacket Review

Search the craigslist cities in your area for "leather jacket" or search the motorcycle sections for "Jacket". There is a lot of stuff in my area when I was looking.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
I thought Shift went out of business, or got bought out. That's what the local retailers have told me. That review was from 2009. If you can find any Shift apparel, it's NOS and I've seen some outstanding deals on the stuff they have left.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I like Alpinestars and Dianese.
Best to go to a store and try some on so you get an idea of fit.
You can get a good leather jacket in that price range, but might take some research.
Check out RidersDiscount, STG, MotoSport, they all give our forum members a little more of a discount.
LOL...if you or anyone on this forum can find a (preferrably white) Dianese leather jacket for $300 or less, please let me know. I doubt you'll even find them on sale for that low.
AFAIC, new Dianese leather jackets for that price are about as common as the Easter Bunny.

OP, unless you find a top shelf jacket on sale, you will be paying more like $400+ for one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
LOL...if you or anyone on this forum can find a (preferrably white) Dianese leather jacket for $300 or less, please let me know. I doubt you'll even find them on sale for that low.
AFAIC, new Dianese leather jackets for that price are about as common as the Easter Bunny.

OP, unless you find a top shelf jacket on sale, you will be paying more like $400+ for one.

I agree, I looked for some cheap Dainese jackets, and just for some of the plain ol straight black ones, they were still running around $499

·
Registered
330 Posts
Look at AGV Sport....a lot of their gear is very reasonably priced. I haven't used them myself but they get decent reviews overall.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have the Astars GPR. I was going back and forth between the gp plus and the gpr. They are awesome looking. i think the gpr is better looking. I wear it no matter how hot it is and it is awesome venting. I spent the extra coin and got the bionic back protector that slides right in. Well worth it in my opinion. The one that comes with it isn't much.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Jdub, so those Shifts are pretty nice, or are the Alpinestars way better. Those 250.00 shift jackets look nice...all solid black color.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts