Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advise on end can for CBR1000RR.Looks are important to me,some cans seem to stick out to far and are not to straight.I like the twin outlet of the original and want a can that fills the gap left by it.I have looked at micron and blueflame which look good but would like more information on them (heard microns fit was not to good).The idea of road legal with removable baffles also appeals to me.Original can is to quiete for me and any power increase would be a bonus.What about the removal of the exhaust valve,does this make a differance and would a power commander rectify this.Any advise appreciated,thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Heres what I put on mine.. Its a lazer xtreme made by Jama somewhere over there in Europe.. I like it.. Sounds good..Looks great.. Better than the single butthole that look like they stick out too far... Just a simple slip on design that requires removal of the valve actuators.. Nothing major.. Just need to find a way to hang the plate.. Plenty of those solutions on ebay for $35US or so..

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11766

·
Registered
158 Posts
The Sook said:
BTW, Arata will have the new style muffler for the 1000RR soon. (like the 05 600RR).
Any idea what "soon" means? Some are waiting with baited breath, whilst others simply have bad breath.

Cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Bladerep, i put a micron twin outlet pipe on my 05 blade, its awsome.It certainly fills the gap and wont stick out too far. It looks more like the original pipe than any of the others i've seen.Really sounds good too.I would put up a photo but i dont know how to. Anyone out there tell me how to? Forget power gains tho,but the blade has enough real world power anyway.I can e mail you some photos .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pesky said:
Hi Bladerep, i put a micron twin outlet pipe on my 05 blade, its awsome.It certainly fills the gap and wont stick out too far. It looks more like the original pipe than any of the others i've seen.Really sounds good too.I would put up a photo but i dont know how to. Anyone out there tell me how to? Forget power gains tho,but the blade has enough real world power anyway.I can e mail you some photos .
Did the removal of the exhaust valve effect the bikes power delivery?Have you fitted power commander?I have seen pictures of these cans and they do look good.Micron do another can with single outlet which also looks good(similar shape).I am led to believe that yours is the race can and the other is road legal with romovable baffles.The blueflame looks good in pictures but cannot get much information about arata doing twin outlet can

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I seen a set of d&d pipes on one the other day and it looked great.(Two small carbon cans)I didnt get to hear them though...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Bladerep, yes the the valve did have an effect , but this was counter acted by the disableing of the flapper valve which is now always open to allow more air flow into the air box. Now shes as smooth as ever. Cant speak highly enough of how good the can looks and sounds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pesky said:
Hi Bladerep, yes the the valve did have an effect , but this was counter acted by the disableing of the flapper valve which is now always open to allow more air flow into the air box. Now shes as smooth as ever. Cant speak highly enough of how good the can looks and sounds.
how did you go about disabling the flapper valve,was their much work involved

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chocha said:
Heres what I put on mine.. Its a lazer xtreme made by Jama somewhere over there in Europe.. I like it.. Sounds good..Looks great.. Better than the single butthole that look like they stick out too far... Just a simple slip on design that requires removal of the valve actuators.. Nothing major.. Just need to find a way to hang the plate.. Plenty of those solutions on ebay for $35US or so..

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11766
cans look good,how is performace.did you fit power commander

·
Registered
158 Posts
bladerep said:
how did you go about disabling the flapper valve,was their much work involved
Here's a step-by-step tutorial:

http://www.rogueracing.org/flap.htm

its' so easy - I didn't even remove the fairing panel. Sit on the ground next to your bike... you can see everything/feel everything you need. I picked up a packet of various size vacuum caps @ a auto parts store for a round a buck maybe a buck-fifty. Took the hose off all together,and capped both ends. Works like a charm & is neat-n-tidy. You'll slap yourself for not doing it sooner, serious! :thumb:

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
anyone got more information on laser extreme end cans.does bike run ok with the romoval of exhaust valve,have read about flapper valve removal.what about power commander.does collector box show from side.this appears to be best looking end can I have seen but dont want to make wrong decission,any pictures?

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
That Jardine on Duhamel's bike looks sweet...

·
Registered
92 Posts
bladerep said:
anyone got more information on laser extreme end cans.does bike run ok with the romoval of exhaust valve,have read about flapper valve removal.what about power commander.does collector box show from side.this appears to be best looking end can I have seen but dont want to make wrong decission,any pictures?
Chocha has some pictures of his on here someplace

1 - 17 of 17 Posts