Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I was wondering where I could get flaxseed oil and some rubbing balm. I need to gain about ohhh lets say somewhere in the neighborhood of 50-60 lbs of pure muscle and I heard that stuff puts on more muscle than horse steroids. :cool:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
You can goto GNC and buy "pro hormones" for the rest of the year. ;)

I still don't get how a steroid cream is going to work well enough to make you big but whatever. :idunno:

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
luvtolean said:
You can goto GNC and buy "pro hormones" for the rest of the year. ;)

I still don't get how a steroid cream is going to work well enough to make you big but whatever. :idunno:
Go look at the risk of steriods! Don't be crazy!

I have a legal prescription nose spray that is steriodal and am reluctant to use it. As someone with eye troubles I can tell you that the issues between steriods and eyesight are terrible. Not to mention all the other side effects. :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

If you want to bulk up do it the honest way with work. You will be happy you did when you are older. :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

:soapbox:

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
sheepofblue said:

I have a legal prescription nose spray that is steriodal and am reluctant to use it. As someone with eye troubles I can tell you that the issues between steriods and eyesight are terrible. Not to mention all the other side effects. :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

If you want to bulk up do it the honest way with work. You will be happy you did when you are older. :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

But... But... I'll never catch Hank that way!!!! ;)

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
sheepofblue said:

:rotfl:

I had bad asthma as a child and between that and poison oak have done probably 30 cycles on prednisone (a steroid anti-inflammatory pill) as well as steroid inhalers and steroid nose sprays which pretty much give me an instant bloody nose. To say I hate the side effects of steroids is an understatement.

I only know about pro hormones because a buddy of mine is really into lifting and was bitching about having to stock up while they're still legal to buy. Congress passed a bill over the mess Bonds and co started, and they only have the rest of the year to buy this stuff legally.

I have never, nor do I have interest in ever, taking a steroid unless perscribed by a doctor.

·
Registered
626 Posts
luvtolean said:
:rotfl:

I had bad asthma as a child and between that and poison oak have done probably 30 cycles on prednisone (a steroid anti-inflammatory pill) as well as steroid inhalers and steroid nose sprays which pretty much give me an instant bloody nose. To say I hate the side effects of steroids is an understatement.

Side effects of steroids are terrible to say the least but to be fair the side effects of something like prednisone a corticosteroid and the side effects of an anabolic steroid are like comparing apples to oranges.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
BladeRider said:
Side effects of steroids are terrible to say the least but to be fair the side effects of something like prednisone a corticosteroid and the side effects of an anabolic steroid are like comparing apples to oranges.
Blind is blind :idunno: Might get there slow or not at all but I still say far away is a good place to be.

If you have ever been blinded for a bit you might appreciate how limiting it is even more than you do. If there was no other side effects I would still stay clear. Pro athletes play with fire because they are getting huge $$$ and encouragement, what will your excuse be? :thumbd:

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
If you take the lesser steroids, dont go stupid and cycle properly then the side effects of their use is minimal and long term side effects are nil. Something like testosterone enanthate stacked with tribolin 75 taken in mild to low doses will see you stack on bulk mass with very few side effects.

If you decide to enhance your training chemically, id strongly recommend to either see your doctor before hand, or seek some advice from someone you respect that has lots of experience. It is possible to use steroids safely, however its much, much easier to fuck up and damage yourself.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
KIDRR said:
Hey everyone, I was wondering where I could get flaxseed oil and some rubbing balm. I need to gain about ohhh lets say somewhere in the neighborhood of 50-60 lbs of pure muscle and I heard that stuff puts on more muscle than horse steroids. :cool:
Yeah, the stuff is absolutely magical. Just watch out for the nasty side effect of having a size 9 1/2 head, and becoming an obnoxious jerk. ;)

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I have had bad asthma all my life and have taken steriod based inhalers every day (well not since advair came out)and i am, as far as I know, uneffected by it. my nuts are still large and my thinking is straight.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
stegen said:
I have had bad asthma all my life and have taken steriod based inhalers every day (well not since advair came out)and i am, as far as I know, uneffected by it. my nuts are still large and my thinking is straight.
:popcorn:

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
KIDRR said:
Why?

hyperbolic claims for flaxseed oil

I used to supply bagels made with organic flour to a health food chain, and thus got on a mailing list for suppliers of health suppliments. I got reams of snake oil conspiracy-theory BS claims. "They can't prove it's wrong / the AMA is keeping this from the public to protect their turf" Assertions were made that BIG bucks were to be had selling shark fin cartilege, etc.

Even in this link which expounds upon the magical properties of linseed/flaxseed oil it doesn't say anything about muscle bulking properties , but rest assured you can get it wherever patchouli and organic tea is sold.

Possible Side Effects

And remember,
Ground flaxseeds may produce some initial flatulence, but this won't last long.
:thumb:

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
stegen said:
Asthma == good reason
The risk you gained was easily offset by the benefits. However ask an opthomologist what years of steriod use did to increase risks to your eyes. Granted there are other optical risks also. However steriods have other risks also and the amounts you inhaled were fairly low.

In short steriods can be a wonderful thing for legitimate medical uses but to use them for vanity or sports performance is dumb. Sorry feel free to disagree. I will hope I am wrong and no harm comes your way.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
You all DO realize that this thread is in complete jest, right? This is a commentary on Bonds' statement regarding his steroid use, and his supposed misinformation of the products being used.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Steroids can be a very useful and beneficial thing when administered by a competent doctor. Years ago, after experiencing severe muscle spasms in my left trapezius muscle for several months, I decided to see a doctor. After a regimen of muscle relaxants did nothing, he injected the muscle with a very small dose of a (?) corticosteroid, then two more decreasing doses one week apart. This was in approximately 1989. To this day I have had no recurrences of the problem. The anabolic steroids that the "athletes" are using, however, are a whole nother story. :thumbd:

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
BDA116 said:
You all DO realize that this thread is in complete jest, right? This is a commentary on Bonds' statement regarding his steroid use, and his supposed misinformation of the products being used.
:banghead: no I seldom watch TV sports so I grabbed the hook <where is the sheepish emoticon?>. I have actually heard people that thought that way and unlike the rest of you that were jesting my risk is real :crap: with my odds of going blind being hugely more than most. So I would hate to see someone voluntarily go were I am headed in old age.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Bacchus said:
Steroids can be a very useful and beneficial thing when administered by a competent doctor. Years ago, after experiencing severe muscle spasms in my left trapezius muscle for several months, I decided to see a doctor. After a regimen of muscle relaxants did nothing, he injected the muscle with a very small dose of a (?) corticosteroid, then two more decreasing doses one week apart. This was in approximately 1989. To this day I have had no recurrences of the problem. The anabolic steroids that the "athletes" are using, however, are a whole nother story. :thumbd:
Those werent muscle spasms. those were growing pains. and being you had a doctor stop them, thats why you are 4 feet tall

1 - 20 of 25 Posts