Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good price on a 2001 929 black frame. I found one on Ronayers.com for about $1200. Any one now of a better place to get one. (Like that's possible, come on were talking about Ron Ayers here)

Just wanted your guys input.

BTW the reason for the new frame is I was taking off my damaged forks. I noticed the lower fork brace was moving strange. I jiggled it and all the stearing bearing fell out. On closer inspection I notice a large chunk of my frame missing and rather large crack on the back side of the neck. Other than that the engine and everything else is 100%

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ND4SPD said:
:squid: :D

I have a link or two at home, will let you know tonight
who you clling a squid jack ass :rotfl:

Thanks man, much appreciated :thumb:

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
No need to buy a frame with a different VIN. If you give them the old one, you can buy a new one that has the same VIN as your original. This would also probably be cheaper than buying a used frame with a salvage title. Also you wouldn't have to go through the hassle of an inspection, and if you ever wanted to sell, you would have a clean title (assuming this was not bought from an insurance company that has already totaled the bike).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jake said:
No need to buy a frame with a different VIN. If you give them the old one, you can buy a new one that has the same VIN as your original. This would also probably be cheaper than buying a used frame with a salvage title. Also you wouldn't have to go through the hassle of an inspection, and if you ever wanted to sell, you would have a clean title (assuming this was not bought from an insurance company that has already totaled the bike).

What I thought was if you bought a new frame it dosn't come with a vin # stamped on it. My friend builds trikes for a living and can stamp my old vin into the new blank frame. I don't know if this is true with Honda but when you get a new frame from Yamaha they come blacnk, or so I was told by a good sorce.

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
Try ServiceHonda.com they usually beat RonAyers price. Or call up these guys and ask them to beat RonAyers price on a new Honda frame, they WILL. Western Honda (1-480)994-8400. They are in Phoenix, AZ. When they quote you a better price than RonAyers then ask them if they can go even a bit lower on their just quoted price. I buy from them often.

I've used all three of these Honda parts stores and RonAyers was the worst.

RonAyers sucks ass and they try to act like they give you the best deal on the planet.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I agree with fastrr. I like service honda i believe the 929 black frame was around $1,080 - $1,090. Should be worth a look up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts