Reactions: ND4SPD

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
:welcome: to the 'Hemi tick', slipping transmissions (until warm) and abysmal fuel mileage.

At least it's handsome.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
luvtolean said:
Bubba?! Did you....breed?!:eek: :sless:
nah man - i meant wife, dogs, dead animals :cool:

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chain said:
:welcome: to the 'Hemi tick', slipping transmissions (until warm) and abysmal fuel mileage.

At least it's handsome.
uhoh, slipping tranny? maybe i wont see that since it doesn't get as cold here as it does in NE

fuel mileage - used to that, i had a supercharged 5.4L, :crying:

but the good side is that it has off road capabilities :evilaugh:

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Aychdot said:
That new red is really nice. Did that come from my plant (St. Louis)?
sticker says final assemblly point is warren, mi

but my engine came from mexico - :eek:

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
those pictures really dont do the color justice. it is a dark crimson with the metallic pearl flakes in it. can't wait to zaino it :thumb:

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
bubba said:
uhoh, slipping tranny? maybe i wont see that since it doesn't get as cold here as it does in NE

fuel mileage - used to that, i had a supercharged 5.4L, :crying:

but the good side is that it has off road capabilities :evilaugh:
Go to the 3rd Gen Ram Forum here and do some searching for slipping tranny. There is actually a TSB out on the matter, though Dodge maintains the cold slip does zero harm to the transmission or truck. When I cold-start my Ram, I just can't throw it in reverse or drive and expect the truck to move right away. Takes a few seconds for fluid to get into the converter or some such.

Not really that big a deal.

The Hemi valvetrain ticks. Lots of phantom engine noise threads in that vein, but they're simply noisy motors. They go like stink though, especially in the midrange on up...345 hp and 375 lb-ft are hard to argue with. If I didn't have a sporty cage on the brain, I'd probably really enjoy my Ram...

I'm sure you'll like the new rig. Very pretty paint job.

:thumb:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Chain said:
There is actually a TSB out on the matter, though Dodge maintains the cold slip does zero harm to the transmission or truck. When I cold-start my Ram, I just can't throw it in reverse or drive and expect the truck to move right away. Takes a few seconds for fluid to get into the converter or some such.
The Allison behind my Duramax is the same.

It's not a bad thing, you should be letting your truck warm up for a second anyway.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Every time they update those Dodges they make the headlights more ridiculously huge... By 2010 or so the whole front end from the a-pillars forward will just be one giant cycloptic headlight.

Those big wide tires are gonna have a hard time off road... Have you looked at some all terrains?

edit: Toyo makes a good aggressive tread a/t in a 20"

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
phobiaphobe said:
Every time they update those Dodges they make the headlights more ridiculously huge... By 2010 or so the whole front end from the a-pillars forward will just be one giant cycloptic headlight.
:rotfl:

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
bubba said:
but my engine came from mexico - :eek:
Hooooo fack..... that one was for your truck...... you should have let me know. Anyway, maybe I can just send you the parts that we had left and did not knew what the hell they were for :idunno:

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jetbdude said:
Hooooo fack..... that one was for your truck...... you should have let me know. Anyway, maybe I can just send you the parts that we had left and did not knew what the hell they were for :idunno:
you seem to kave kept my twin turbo kit, you can send it anytime you would like

1 - 20 of 36 Posts