Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone used it long term? :eek:

I just rebuilt a PC and was archiving some email and other terrific stuff off of the usb drives after I was done putting what I needed back onto the prod. machine. I left the portable drives plugged in while letting GD do it's thing (took about a day) not realizing it. Then went to google.com just now and was searching for Windows image resizer....it actually found 'on my computer' 2 emails I have sent to people over various years explaining specifically what to do with it (where to get, install, how to, etc.) then about 70 emails I have sent to people with just the link and a quick 'here', followed by some random text file I had with links in it, and some old .htm page from my website with a link to it on there...damn, the google grid is closer then I have imagined.

I think tomorrow I'm going to map a drive everyone elses computer in my group and tell it to rescan my pc :rotfl:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
sucked up too much space on my HDD (1GB for the index) after a while it lost the plot and couldnt' find a thing....quickly got the arse after that.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Yep, google=spyware.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
SomeStrangeGuy said:
I'm suprised we don't have a policy at the office preventing it's execution.
Yeah, exactly. Your hard drive's info is now sent to Google. There are real issues there around industrial espionage, personal privacy (which Google is literally the sworn enemy of), but hey who cares right? Nobody should have anything to hide!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts