Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is really a new low in political advertising.

Daily Kos: The GOP's nasty dishonest robo-call barrage

Basically, the NRCC is blasting thousands of people with political calls. The thing is that the beginning of the message makes it sound as if the call is coming from the Democratic challenger they are trying to beat. If you don't hang up right away, the message then goes on to bash the Democrat.

But, if you do hang up, the system calls you right back. Again, and again, and again... as many as 8 times. Meanwhile, you think it is the Democrats who are calling you, but it is really the Republicans. Some campaings have the calls starting as early as 5 AM for maximum annoyance value.

I guess if you can't win by debating the issues, you just resort to this crap.

:thumbd:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
I can't figure out how some dumb ass thinks this will help their cause. :huh:

Has anyone actually had this happen to them? Or is this democrat shit?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Here is really a new low in political advertising.

Daily Kos: The GOP's nasty dishonest robo-call barrage

Basically, the NRCC is blasting thousands of people with political calls. The thing is that the beginning of the message makes it sound as if the call is coming from the Democratic challenger they are trying to beat. If you don't hang up right away, the message then goes on to bash the Democrat.

But, if you do hang up, the system calls you right back. Again, and again, and again... as many as 8 times. Meanwhile, you think it is the Democrats who are calling you, but it is really the Republicans. Some campaings have the calls starting as early as 5 AM for maximum annoyance value.

I guess if you can't win by debating the issues, you just resort to this crap.

:thumbd:
Was it BDA or was it Rocket that gave me your phone number for the list. :smilebig:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
All the dirty tricks and misinformation carried out on all sides is really unfortunate. Most, if not all of the candidates have reasonable points to make, and the electorate by in large is not stupid. All this stuff does is turn everyone off government completely.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I can't decide whether American election campaigns are comedies or tragedies. Entertaining as hell though.
I call them tromedies. I liken them to the political bashing that normal Americans and the media do on a daily basis. It's kind of like the old question: Does life imitate art or does art imitate life?

It's a real life Jerry Springer episode that just doesn't stop.

Oh crap. I just depressed myself.:crap:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Actually, democracy has always been messey, and hugely entertaining. Jefferson libelled his good friend Adams, Hamilton got into a duel, there have been fistfights in Congress, and all manner of mayhem. Even in modern times, Kennedy stole his election fair and square, and we have seen all manner of scandals, financial, sexual, you name it. It was Churchill who said that "Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts