Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well people I just received my Hindle bolt on and it doesn't fit correctly. Not only that but the band to secure the pipe, well it is also the wrong size. Just thought you guys may want to know. I did drop an e-mail so I'll keep the updates current.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:
Well it has been 24 hours and I haven't heard anything from Hindle yet! Please let me know if there may be another way to contact them besides e-mail.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Carbon fiber isn't as durable as Titanium anyway, trade it for a titanium can. Carbon fiber will fade over time unless you plan on waxing it every week.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't mind if I had the C/F or the Titanium as long as I have something that fits correctly...I tried to find a contact number for them but all that I found was a e-mail address and I have e-mailed them three times already!!!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I've emailed them once and it took about 3 weeks to receive a response. Perhaps if you send repeated, 'Urgent' emails you may have better luck.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, well I guess I am sort of to blame here as well as Hindle. I called them today and found out that a piece comes off the stock exhaust and the band just mounts on one side of the mount. It would have helped if there were instructions with the bolt on or on their website. Oh well my fault!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey gliberios,

What piece comes off of the stock exhaust? Reason being is that I just ordered a hindle bolt on and I should have it next week. Any instructions would be helpfull. Thanks in advance.

Luke

·
Registered
148 Posts
I realize it's a matter of money when purchasing an exhaust, but damm, for $500-600 for a full system, why bother with the slip on?

I guess I just don't understand why one would waste $200-250 on a slip, when for a few $$ more, you can get the whole deal.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Strickly speaking for myself I think that the bike is plenty fast for me right now so therefore it's about a nice sound, looking good and having fun doing it. Now it seems to me you just can't put on a full exhaust without adding a PCIII and then getting a map for it. That's comes to more than a few more dollars. Not to mention the time that you have to invest with this.To each his own and personally I think that in my life some things out weigh Bike parts like school clothes for the children. Just my $0.02 worth.

Luke

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There is a ring on the 929 at the base of the stock system (where the gasket is). Just get a flathead and it should come right off. As far as a full system, why??? Is it really worth it? By the time you get the map and the PCIII it is a lot more and it is a bigger hassle to install a full system. Besides how many STREET riders use the full capacity of their bike?

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
A well mapped full system provides the following:

1: Much less weight (typically less than half of the OEM system)
2: Much better linearity throughout the entire power band (no dips or surges)
3: Much better throttle response control (no more lurch off idle)
4: Less mechanical noise
5: Around 10% power gain across the board
6: Better sound
7: Better ground clearance
8: Less maintenance (no adjustment to the HTEV system)
9: Way better looks
10: Much higher Gee Whiz factor

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
1st954luke : Strickly speaking for myself I think that the bike is plenty fast for me right now so therefore it's about a nice sound, looking good and having fun doing it. Now it seems to me you just can't put on a full exhaust without adding a PCIII and then getting a map for it. That's comes to more than a few more dollars. Not to mention the time that you have to invest with this.To each his own and personally I think that in my life some things out weigh Bike parts like school clothes for the children. Just my $0.02 worth.

Luke
If school clothes for the children are an issue, are you certain you should have blown the rent money on a shiny toy?

·
Registered
215 Posts
abtech : Quote (1st954luke @ July 08 2003, 9:19am)Strickly speaking for myself I think that the bike is plenty fast for me right now so therefore it's about a nice sound, looking good and having fun doing it. Now it seems to me you just can't put on a full exhaust without adding a PCIII and then getting a map for it. That's comes to more than a few more dollars. Not to mention the time that you have to invest with this.To each his own and personally I think that in my life some things out weigh Bike parts like school clothes for the children. Just my $0.02 worth.

Luke
If school clothes for the children are an issue, are you certain you should have blown the rent money on a shiny toy?

·
Registered
99 Posts
That's like saying let me buy a full system and forget paying the electric bill this month. Don't get silly. Just a mere example of what I think is more important at given times. I have a toy and I treat it as such,so as far as me moding my bike to the degree of some of the other members in the group..... Let's just say it will get done but not as fast as I would like.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Yet springing 250 to 300 bucks on a non-functional piece of window dressing makes sense to you? Fold your money in half and wait until you can afford something other than noise . . .

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
abtech : Yet springing 250 to 300 bucks on a non-functional piece of window dressing makes sense to you?  Fold your money in half and wait until you can afford something other than noise . . .
Wow, Folding it in half will double your money.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts