Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 1000rr not too long ago that needed a fork. found a guy on craigslist that had an immaculate repsol front end (orange anodized, included both clips, switch boxes, calipers.. everything) with a headlight...

well...it came today... everything looks perfect. almost like new even! then i notice the lowers seem a little bit different.. and the orange anodized plugs in the calipers... and that the clips are different.. and the lack of a clutch master cylender...then it hits me..

the front end is off a R1....

so. the question would be... is it possible to mount a R1 front end on a blade? or shoudl i just get a refund and get the proper parts?

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
An R1 front end is not all that different in performance than a CBR1000RR. I suggest making sure that all the measurements of length/diamitter of the forks; the steering stem size, bearings, and maybe if the triple clamps match up, say like the CBR vise the R1 triple clamps clamp at the same general location. then maybe check to see if the disc rotors fit up correctly. If everything fits without allot of trickery in adjustment; then maybe keep em and install em. Ride like you stool it.:)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An R1 front end is not all that different in performance than a CBR1000RR. I suggest making sure that all the measurements of length/diamitter of the forks; the steering stem size, bearings, and maybe if the triple clamps match up, say like the CBR vise the R1 triple clamps clamp at the same general location. then maybe check to see if the disc rotors fit up correctly. If everything fits without allot of trickery in adjustment; then maybe keep em and install em. Ride like you stool it.:)
sounds like a solid plan. I alredy measurde the physical dimenstions and the R1 fork outer and inner tubes are within a fraction of a MM in length and are the same for the major diameter, minor diameter and ower tube diameter...

the only thing that i can see being a problem is th upper triple (due to the HESD mount) but i have a 1000rr lower clamp so i can jsut do a quick swap... next is the axle and 1000rr rim and brake caliper/ rotor fitment which are the things that will probably not line up

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
well, the r1 calpers are spaced just a little too close to fit the 1000rr rotors and their caliper mounting holes are just a litle to close together to mount the honda calipers. if i had a r1 rim and rotors it would work... but i dont so thats that. if anyone needs a immaculate R1 front end i have one for sale

1 - 4 of 4 Posts