Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally switched to the dark side... :evilaugh:

Glock has a military discount right now so I couldn't resist picking up a new G23 for only $393. :thumb:

I can't wait to head to the range on Saturday.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have a Glock 17 Ive had since 1996. Probably fired literally thousands of shells through it. NEVER has it jammed or failed me. I love it almost as much as my H&K .45. Great buy at under $400.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Skully, can you give me more info on this military discount? Do you have to buy it directly from Glock, or a distributor? I've been looking for a good deal on a new/used and this sounds like a pretty good price.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Call Glock cutomer service at (770) 432-1202 for a list of dealers. The discount is also available to Police, Fire and EMS.

$393 for a G27 with 3 hi-cap magazines is a steal.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Have you taken it down for cleaning yet? Thats the easiest SA to clean I've ever owned. Congrats!

Forgot to mention something you might try:
When you fire, allow the trigger to move forward only until you feel it cycle, it should be a very small distance, this may allow you to tighten your groups.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
figment said:
When you fire, allow the trigger to move forward only until you feel it cycle, it should be a very small distance, this may allow you to tighten your groups.
Very good advice that not many know about. That's the one thing I really liked about the Glock, the reset was nice and short. Wish my XD40 was like that.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
figment said:
Have you taken it down for cleaning yet? Thats the easiest SA to clean I've ever owned. Congrats!

I'll have to give it a try, thanks. I took it to the range last Saturday and was impressed. The grip doesn't fit my hand perfectly but I shot fine with it.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
figment said:

ninerpilot showed me this. very helpful

1 - 12 of 12 Posts