Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ight i went and picked it up today... yes i am posting pics tommro after work. but its not starting now...

ok heres whats up when i test drove it it ran fine and now i get it home and the battery is dead and if i jump it from my truck it will fire a few times but not start ... and ideas ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
oops can someone help ?

when i was just out side this time tryig to jump my back off my truck i put the cables on backwards where is the fuse at ? any know ?....

cuz now nother is coming on no lights nothing..

____________________________________________Edit ::::: i fixed this problame but it will still not run it will crank and fire a few times just wont start.... ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok heres the pics of the bike for 750$ and i still need help with the battery issue

here's a few pics of my 954 i told you guys i got for 750$ ....
but like i said in the other post i need help... the other day when i test drove it it ran sweet not probs. now i get it home with me and the battery is dead ... no prob i try jumping it with my truck... and it fires a few times but will not start all the way... i need to know whats up. and the battery will not charge at all..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Re: ok heres the pics of the bike for 750$ and i still need help with the battery iss

I thought in your other thread you said it only had a dent on tank...what about the massive rash on the right fairing?
Also, did you try push-starting the bike? I don't understand why everyone tries to jump their bike off of a car/truck.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Re: ok heres the pics of the bike for 750$ and i still need help with the battery iss

people jump start their bike cuz they can't push start it by themselves or people are unwilling/unable to push the bike for you to push start it. it's safe to jump start it with a car/truck as long they are not running. i would check the stator and the rectifier or even maybe get e new batt.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Re: oops can someone help ?

ok let me try to understand you, you were trying to jump start your bike with your truck but you put the cables backward? if so you blew the master fuse, but since you dont even say what kind of bike is it, i can't help you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

what if my truck was runing when i trying to jump start it ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

and about the rash on the side i gusse that happend when the dent did

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

one other thing that dont make any damn sense is a few hrs ago when i was testing that spark i held a screw driver in the pluge wire and turned it over there was spark and it shocked me... but now i just checked for spark once more and now nothing.... ..... i did try pull starting it having my brother drive my truck and pulling me it fired a few times but my led dis was going cracked flashing on and off.. then some times it would stay on and tell me how fast i was going....

·
Registered
141 Posts

Bahahaha im lovin the piece of paper with your name proving its your bike. I think we all believed you bought a 954....just not a "mint" one for 750. Hey 750, a dent in the tank n the right fairing scratched...still a deal. Just go threw everything to make sure its sound. Yeah, def dont start it with your truck running.....im sure it needs a new battery if its been sitting for as long has u said it did. The guy who sold it to you prob just charged it a little b4 he sold it to you.

·
Registered
99 Posts

does it have a power commander? If so check to see if the ground is connected i did that once diconnected my commander took me days to figure out i forgot to hook up the ground. :banghead: just a thought

·
Registered
335 Posts

what if my truck was runing when i trying to jump start it ?
i dont even want to think what electrical parts on the bike will be like a fried chicken (less tasty tho)

·
Registered
1,949 Posts

and word to the wise..don't use a regular vehicle to jump start your bike.. either push start it.. or get a battery tender with jump capabilities.. you'll get real tired of replacing fuses and batteries..

·
Registered
1,949 Posts

and pulling it with the truck is a bad idea too.. there are some youtube videos out there that prove how bad of an idea it is.. but yeah, def replace the battery.. possibly reg/rectifier. .fuses now that you've jumped it off of too strong a current.. ummmmm...or you can just sell it to me for the 750 and i'll take care of everything else..

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts

one other thing that dont make any damn sense is a few hrs ago when i was testing that spark i held a screw driver in the pluge wire and turned it over there was spark and it shocked me... but now i just checked for spark once more and now nothing....
Modern bikes don't have plug wires, they have seperate coils.
Sticking a screwdriver into the coil - I don't know if that is going to blow anything but it wouldn't surprise me if it did. Was the screwdriver at least earthed against the engine?
I think your priority has to be a workshop manual...

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts

and the battery will not charge at all..
If the battery won't charge - I assume you mean with a battery charger - then it's clearly beyond help and needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts

it looks like the bike been sitting outside...I would drain the tank & refill with fresh gas with techron cleaner,change the oil and spark plugs,check air box an Filter and purchase a new battery before I went and tried to get it running again.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok today after work i check the plug wires and yup there is nothing happing... what could be the prob and where is it located iv had a few ppl say it could be this and this but thay dont know where it is located on the bike and i have no manule so. any help will be good and thanks.

o ya new battery new fuses new gas and all that... good stuff... however the pod does blink a red light every now and then but i can seem to count them. i can take a video if someone might think that will help.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts